Full 11 rolling out now!

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
Well good on you !! I mean I know I can factory reset my phone in just a pain in the *** to do so... And resetting my work profile is going to be a pain in the *** as well! Which I am not doing.. lol.

My work profile seems intact. I didn't go for the beta, straight from Android 10.

Only concern I had was some custom apps created in-house that might not work. Took the risk and whew... all good so far. Haha

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My work profile seems intact. I didn't go for the beta, straight from Android 10.

Only concern I had was some custom apps created in-house that might not work. Took the risk and whew... all good so far. Haha
I got you got you dude. For me I was part of the beta program which was awesome but I had that slight issue it's not a deal-breaker, but still...

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
I got you got you dude. For me I was part of the beta program which was awesome but I had that slight issue it's not a deal-breaker, but still...

Yeah, can live with some minor issues, way better than the pain of a factory reset.

Hopefully your issues get resolved somehow. Maybe some app cache clearing will do the trick?

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Finally updated my Pixel 3 as well.

First impressions (using gesture navigation):
- Navigation feels more sluggish than Android 10. Maybe just needs a little getting used to.
- Drop-down menu seems cramped now. Only 6 icons per page instead of 9.
- Can no longer swipe up from anywhere to access apps switcher.

Seems my list is more on the negative side. Haha. Will see if it improves after a week or so.

On the upside, at least native screen recorder works pretty well.

On my 4a w/11, I can swipe up from any part of the bottom to access app switcher. But it's interesting because I saw someone else say something about only being able to swipe up from center.

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
On my 4a w/11, I can swipe up from any part of the bottom to access app switcher. But it's interesting because I saw someone else say something about only being able to swipe up from center.
Now swiping up in the home screen brings up App Tray. Swiping up from the very bottom where the white horizontal line is brings up the app switcher. Swiping down in the home screen brings down the notifications.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, can live with some minor issues, way better than the pain of a factory reset.

Hopefully your issues get resolved somehow. Maybe some app cache clearing will do the trick?
haha, yes, I appreciate your support! They're very small minor issues. I plan to talk it out with Google Pixel support on the phone when I have a chance. Hopefully they can help me resolve the issues to some extent. Overall Android 11 is nice.

bonedatt

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Curse you Samsung!!! Samsung packs their devices with so many features to the point where it's so hard for me to find anything interesting with this new OS update my Pixel 4XL received yesterday. I'm literally comparing my Note9 with One UI 2.1 to my Pixel 4XL running Android 11.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So far I like it, but the thing that I can't stand is that they removed the screenshot feature from the power button menu!
The slightly weird thing is in Android 11 is that there are two ways to take the screenshot. swipe up from the bottom gesture bar and you can take a screenshot, or press another power button plus the volume down button for a few seconds the other simultaneously. It gets slightly confusing but there are two different ways to take a screenshot.

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
The slightly weird thing is in Android 11 is that there are two ways to take the screenshot. swipe up from the bottom gesture bar and you can take a screenshot, or press another power button plus the volume down button for a few seconds the other simultaneously. It gets slightly confusing but there are two different ways to take a screenshot.
If you want to take a screenshot of your home screen or when in an open app use the power+ down volume buttons. The other way takes a screenshot of an open app in the open app screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed the option to wipe the partition cache is gone? I noticed this while on the last beta.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I HATE the two button method. I've had it on other devices and I always wind up killing the volume and don't realize it for a while. It also takes gymnastics to get both fingers properly positioned on one side of a narrow profile while not rotating the screen out of position. Maybe that's my being a lefty!

And I will admit, I don't understand that second method: "swipe up from bottom gesture bar..." Can you explain? Thanks.

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
Now swiping up in the home screen brings up App Tray. Swiping up from the very bottom where the white horizontal line is brings up the app switcher. Swiping down in the home screen brings down the notifications.

Yes, this is the one I was referring to. Got used to the old swipe up (and hold) gestures already. Now I keep doing the wrong thing, though should be fine in a few days.

jelp2

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I HATE the two button method. I've had it on other devices and I always wind up killing the volume and don't realize it for a while. It also takes gymnastics to get both fingers properly positioned on one side of a narrow profile while not rotating the screen out of position. Maybe that's my being a lefty!

And I will admit, I don't understand that second method: "swipe up from bottom gesture bar..." Can you explain? Thanks.
When you swipe up and minimize the screen there is an option to take a screen shot of the current screen you just minimized. So much easier than the button method, which I agree I hate it.

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
I've discovered that I like the new media controls. Now I can understand why the drop-down setting icons have been limited to 6 from the previous 9.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When you swipe up and minimize the screen there is an option to take a screen shot of the current screen you just minimized. So much easier than the button method, which I agree I hate it.

I don't see anything when I swipe up other than the Recents. A link said it shows on the bottom left but I don't see anything there. Is there some setting that needs to be adjusted? Hmm, I think you/I need to change some Gestures but than the screenshot I take is the wrong screen???? I'm too damn old to change. ONE BUTTON was fine. They could have had Section/Selection option off of there. Can I got back to Android 10.

The Power Button was perfect FOR ME. On my trip to China I was constantly using the screenshot to grab, well, Screenshots of Google Maps showing where I was. DAMN. DAMN....

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site

Yep, the 2 button screenshot method requires so much finger gymnastics. Mess up the timing and you either lock the phone or drop the volume. Lol

Anyway, have attached the newly implemented second method here for reference (replacement of the power button screenshot option).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200909-232420.jpg
    Screenshot_20200909-232420.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 10

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards