Full 11 rolling out now!

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep, the 2 button screenshot method requires so much finger gymnastics. Mess up the timing and you either lock the phone or drop the volume. Lol

Anyway, have attached the newly implemented second method here for reference (replacement of the power button screenshot option).

Something is wrong with ME. I changed the Gestures to ONE. But if I want to take a picture of one of my homescreens, how do I do that? As soon as I swipe UP, I get the Recents screen and that's what it screen captures - not my home screen of icons? Sheesh. Folks really liked this, huh???

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
My guess would be that you would have to use the power+volume button method for taking a screenshot of your homescreen. This is very annoying, and I even submitted feedback to them during the beta that the 2-button doesn't always work for people. Think of how hard that method is for someone with 1 hand! Yes I know you can switch the system navigation to gesture or 3 button, but still...

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Nothing for me yet. Pixel 3 on Verizon. I got gmail that says my phone just got turned up to 11, but no actual update.

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't see anything when I swipe up other than the Recents. A link said it shows on the bottom left but I don't see anything there. Is there some setting that needs to be adjusted? Hmm, I think you/I need to change some Gestures but than the screenshot I take is the wrong screen???? I'm too damn old to change. ONE BUTTON was fine. They could have had Section/Selection option off of there. Can I got back to Android 10.

The Power Button was perfect FOR ME. On my trip to China I was constantly using the screenshot to grab, well, Screenshots of Google Maps showing where I was. DAMN. DAMN....
I just took a screenshot of Google Maps. Does this look ok to you?
71f9d7da173c903c536d3bfa83d45f19.jpg

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Something is wrong with ME. I changed the Gestures to ONE. But if I want to take a picture of one of my homescreens, how do I do that? As soon as I swipe UP, I get the Recents screen and that's what it screen captures - not my home screen of icons? Sheesh. Folks really liked this, huh???

This screenshot issue is going to be a huge problem for me because I only have use of one hand, so the 2 button action is a non starter for me. I won't install android 11 until that issue is resolved. With Android 11, there is no going back to 10.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I HATE the two button method. I've had it on other devices and I always wind up killing the volume and don't realize it for a while. It also takes gymnastics to get both fingers properly positioned on one side of a narrow profile while not rotating the screen out of position. Maybe that's my being a lefty!

And I will admit, I don't understand that second method: "swipe up from bottom gesture bar..." Can you explain? Thanks.
See now, I will admit that the two bun gesture works for lock screen screenshots and all over the OS. If you swipe up from the home bar just your button on the bottom, that only takes a screenshot within certain apps which is weird. I will admit that though.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've discovered that I like the new media controls. Now I can understand why the drop-down setting icons have been limited to 6 from the previous 9.
I agree with you on that one, the new media controls in Android 11 are very intuitive and easy to use thankfully.

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
See now, I will admit that the two bun gesture works for lock screen screenshots and all over the OS. If you swipe up from the home bar just your button on the bottom, that only takes a screenshot within certain apps which is weird. I will admit that though.
With an app open (any app) just swipe up from the bottom horizontal white bar and there is the screen shot button. See screenshot.
96cec203bf154517acb8d563d01f999c.jpg

tschubrych

Feb 5, 2019
Visit site
Not much difference overall for me but noticed that for some of my apps the rotation of the screen is not working properly. If I rotate the phone with it enabled or not it requires me either turning the auto rotation on or off.

There does not seem to be much feedback but I have seen some notes but nothing with the release more in the Beta.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That's very encouraging. If I can be sure the swipe up will work, I will upgrade. I would like to ask other Pixel 3 users to try the swipe up for the screenshot and confirm that it works. Thanks.
Yeah, if you're in an and you swipe up you have two options trolling select text or take a screenshot.

jelp2

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
That's very encouraging. If I can be sure the swipe up will work, I will upgrade. I would like to ask other Pixel 3 users to try the swipe up for the screenshot and confirm that it works. Thanks.
Not to be redundant, it does work for me. ( in case you didn't see my previous post)

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Now swiping up in the home screen brings up App Tray. Swiping up from the very bottom where the white horizontal line is brings up the app switcher. Swiping down in the home screen brings down the notifications.

Right...for me it's absolutely the same as 4a w/A10

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes, this is the one I was referring to. Got used to the old swipe up (and hold) gestures already. Now I keep doing the wrong thing, though should be fine in a few days.

Ahhh...so on 10 you could swipe up and hold from say the middle of the home screen (not bottom) to get switcher? If that's what you and @Smokeaire01 are referring to then that makes sense that I hadn't noticed that difference because I'd never used that gestures. Makes sense now, think we're on the same page.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I hear you dude. I find it really annoying that I'm still having the gboard crashing issue still within chat bubbles... I have to get on the phone with Pixel support now... Grrrr
Curious if you’ve tried a factory reset. You’ve had this issue for awhile.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Curious if you’ve tried a factory reset. You’ve had this issue for awhile.
Nah, I haven't.Only reason is because it's too much of a heartache and a hassle to reset everything up but I agree with you. I just have to deal with it thank you for the suggestion though I I first thought of that couple days ago!

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Been on 11 for a few hours with no issues so far. Media controls and BT device management have definitely improved. Android Auto is now supposed to work wirelessly but haven't tried it out yet.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz