Full 11 rolling out now!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Been on 11 for a few hours with no issues so far. Media controls and BT device management have definitely improved. Android Auto is now supposed to work wirelessly but haven't tried it out yet.
Honestly I haven't tried Android auto wirelessly yet either and I don't think my car is capable of it....

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
And for the bunch of us with sensors that Google broke for us with 10, still broke after 11. Utter failure. Google you suck. Big time.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there a quick way to get to the FIRST home screen (are they all called home screens? (g)). I could tap the narrow oval at the bottom and it would whisk me to my first home screen.

Maybe another or better question - is there a good description of the changes and how to

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Is there a quick way to get to the FIRST home screen (are they all called home screens? (g)). I could tap the narrow oval at the bottom and it would whisk me to my first home screen.

Maybe another or better question - is there a good description of the changes and how to
You still just tap the pill/ home button to get back to main home screen.

For tips on how to use Pixel features you can go to Explore Pixel Tip in settings.

ccps

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
No media controls under notification. not an option in the developer section under media to enable either.

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
No media controls under notification. not an option in the developer section under media to enable either.
Did you open a media player first? I have Play Music open. See screen shot.
136085ab3458a06a6763cd95eeea9976.jpg

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
It appears, from all the comments, that the screenshot function will work with the swipe up if I'm not using 2 button navigation and not using a 3rd party launcher. So, if I change gestures from 2 button, and I'm using pixel launcher, I can do screenshots without having to press 2 buttons simultaneously. I know that I'm being anal about this but I don't want to install 11 and then not be able to go back to 10 if it doesn't work. Thanks for all your patience.

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
It appears, from all the comments, that the screenshot function will work with the swipe up if I'm not using 2 button navigation and not using a 3rd party launcher. So, if I change gestures from 2 button, and I'm using pixel launcher, I can do screenshots without having to press 2 buttons simultaneously. I know that I'm being anal about this but I don't want to install 11 and then not be able to go back to 10 if it doesn't work. Thanks for all your patience.
Glad to be of any help. I just learned that Google Assistant can be used to take screenshots as well. Give that a try.

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. After I take a COURAGE PILL, and get the courage to try it, I'll take the plunge.
Coming from Blackberry phones I'm really enjoying the Pixel 4a and A11. Somethings aren't working exactly as it should but those are just the little things in my book. The important features are working fine (imo).

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
What I feared has happened. I installed android 11 and I can't get the screenshot to work no matter which of the many options that have been offered. The swipe up doesn't show any other options at the bottom of the screen. My 1st option, take a screenshot doesn't work in any gesture mode. I've entered the code in my Assistant but that made no difference. I don't know what else to try. It's a shame because 11 appears to have some nice features. It's impossible for me to press 2 buttons for a screenshot. I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one with the problem. I am open to any ideas or comments that can used as a workaround. Thanks for your help.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
What I feared has happened. I installed android 11 and I can't get the screenshot to work no matter which of the many options that have been offered. My 1st option, take a screenshot doesn't work in any gesture mode. I've entered the code in my Assistant but that made no difference. I don't know what else to try. It's a shame because 11 appears to have some nice features. It's impossible for me to press 2 buttons for a screenshot. I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one with the problem. I am open to any ideas or comments that can used as a workaround. Thanks for your help.
I'm using the 2 button option in accessibility and just press the little guy on the right to do screenshots.

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
What I feared has happened. I installed android 11 and I can't get the screenshot to work no matter which of the many options that have been offered. The swipe up doesn't show any other options at the bottom of the screen. My 1st option, take a screenshot doesn't work in any gesture mode. I've entered the code in my Assistant but that made no difference. I don't know what else to try. It's a shame because 11 appears to have some nice features. It's impossible for me to press 2 buttons for a screenshot. I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one with the problem. I am open to any ideas or comments that can used as a workaround. Thanks for your help.
Open an app, swipe up from the very bottom of the screen where the horizontal white line is (below the search bar) so the app sticks and is smaller. Under the app on the left side you should see screenshot. This takes a shot of the app itself but not of the whole screen top to bottom.
Another way to take a screenshot by using Google Assistant just say "Hey Google... take a screenshot." This works for full screen, not just for app shots.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I must be thick. I'm using a Pixel 3. Are we talking about the same phone? What navigation bar are you referring to .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred