G3: Regrets? Happy? On the Fence?

anon(6142785)

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
So far I love it. coming from a s3 is quite a leap. Fast and a great screen make it a great experience. Battery lasts all day with moderate use.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm very happy with my G3. While the G3's aren't perfect they are exceptional devices and the best out there right now!

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Just got mine last night so it will take some time to call it one way or the other. Still a lot of things I need to figure out how they work and such.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm selling mine. Love the look of the phone and I actually like LG's skin as well but the radios have been more weak than in my nexus 5 and other previous phones and I can't get the phone to stick on WiFi for the life of me. Not at home work or public. It'll lock on and then bounce back and forth between that and 4g. Tried all the tricks and its a no go and for the first time this month I went over my data and am stuck on lower speeds. So mostly for that I'm selling it though I will miss the looks, camera, and battery ( especially since I'm back on the nexus 5 for the moment)

SCXR

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I also have a Nexus 5 and the signal strength is the same on the G3 and Nexus 5 for me. Sounds like you have a hardware issue with your specific phone. I don't think it's a wide spread issue.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I also have a Nexus 5 and the signal strength is the same on the G3 and Nexus 5 for me. Sounds like you have a hardware issue with your specific phone. I don't think it's a wide spread issue.

Maybe but it has been two months so too late for any sort of return or exchange. Oh well win some lose some.

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm selling mine. Love the look of the phone and I actually like LG's skin as well but the radios have been more weak than in my nexus 5 and other previous phones and I can't get the phone to stick on WiFi for the life of me. Not at home work or public. It'll lock on and then bounce back and forth between that and 4g. Tried all the tricks and its a no go and for the first time this month I went over my data and am stuck on lower speeds. So mostly for that I'm selling it though I will miss the looks, camera, and battery ( especially since I'm back on the nexus 5 for the moment)
The radios on the G3 are far superior to those on my old iPhone 5. Not even close...

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I love this phone and have no regrets at all. I have had a note 3, s4, s5, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 lol (phone freak) but yea deff my favorite of all of those phones

Derik Lee

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'd be lucky for my G3 to last up to 2 hours if I'm playing a game or just browsing the web. I don't like that I have to sacrifice screen brightness to save battery. Lately, I've also been having issues apps not responding to my touch. For example, Spotify has been acting up on my G3. I'll hit the pause button but nothing will happen until maybe 2 minutes later. The display will also sometimes have a mind of its own and shut off on me(before the screen timeout setting is set at, like say, 15 seconds instead of 30 seconds). Outside of these issues I've been happy simply because the display is beautiful, short bezels, overall pretty fast, and the camera is the best I've had on any smartphone(had Droid X, Droid Razr Maxx before).

cykodelik_75

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Only thing I miss from my HTC One M7 is the stereo from facing speakers. Other than that, I have no regrets. I'm still on KitKat so I'm nervous for the update due to all the battery drain complaints.

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Only thing I miss from my HTC One M7 is the stereo from facing speakers. Other than that, I have no regrets. I'm still on KitKat so I'm nervous for the update due to all the battery drain complaints.

Same. I plan to do a hard reset (unfortunately) when I upgrade that seems to prevent the problems (fingers crossed)

Danny Long2

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Why should you have to do a hard reset though? It's lazy from Google iOS has a proper backup and restore function where everything is put back!

Posted via the Android Central App

ksm09

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I love this phone and have no regrets at all. I have had a note 3, s4, s5, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 lol (phone freak) but yea deff my favorite of all of those phones

Damn, you had some phones i see.... How was the note and s5 ? Srry for off-topic Q :)

Posted from Lg G3