G3 ROM ported to G2

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Well, i was willing to kick up some bucks, just to try out the "nexus" version on the LG G2. I've tried the "nexus" version on the SGSIII, and it didn't impress me. My son-in-law has a Nexus5 from T-Mobile, which he let me borrow before i bought my LG, and i thought that it used too much battery. Also, imho, hangouts $ucks. Too many tweaks missing from that messaging app. The stock LG G2 has much better battery life than the stock Nexus5, and the stock LG G2 has a much better messaging app than the stock Nexus5. True Nexus fanboys are like BB fanboys. Once they have the phone, there's no other phone in the world as good as theirs. Just more bogus b.s. :p

On my G2 I do notice better battery life on a G3 Rom than on an AOSP Rom strangely

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

alejandro plata

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a lg g2 and i changed my rom to g3 1.2 and the only problem i have is the flash of the camera doesnt not work,if anyone knows how to solve it please tell me.

Posted via Android Central App

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a lg g2 and i changed my rom to g3 1.2 and the only problem i have is the flash of the camera doesnt not work,if anyone knows how to solve it please tell me.

I've not experienced any flash issues personally. I'm also at a loss for why you may have encountered it. Maybe try to dirty flash the 1.2 ROM over your current setup after creating a nandroid. A dirty flash is simply wiping dalvik and cache then flashing the ROM. If that works for you it might be a good idea to go back and clean flash 1.2. Though time consuming and inconvenient I always clean install ROMs.

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
A couple of questions about the Optimus G3 rom. First, what is flashing the kitkat baseband? Is that the radios? Second, what messaging app would I have to use on the Verizon G2?

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
A couple of questions about the Optimus G3 rom. First, what is flashing the kitkat baseband? Is that the radios? Second, what messaging app would I have to use on the Verizon G2?

Yes that would essentially be flashing the KitKat radio. You could use the stock messaging app but I believe there are MMS issues with that. It's either than folks can't receive or send MMS. I can't recall which. I use Hangouts for all messaging by default so I've not had any issue with MMS or sms. I don't have much experience with other 3rd party messaging apps but I've read about folks using apps like Textra, GoSMS and Handcent.

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes that would essentially be flashing the KitKat radio. You could use the stock messaging app but I believe there are MMS issues with that. It's either than folks can't receive or send MMS. I can't recall which. I use Hangouts for all messaging by default so I've not had any issue with MMS or sms. I don't have much experience with other 3rd party messaging apps but I've read about folks using apps like Textra, GoSMS and Handcent.

Thanks for the info, that's what I needed to know. I think I'm going to try this rom out.

evoldroid

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm having some issues with this rom.Maybe someone can help me?

1.Hotspot not connecting (possible signal problem)
2.I keep losing 4g signal.(getting a symbol that looks like a H)
3.What's a easy way to get isis working after rooting

I have the ATT version LG G2
If anyone can help i would really appreciate it thanks in advance.

alejandro plata

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Im having a problem with the qslide apps when i open it immediately closes i dont know why i have the cloudy rom 1.2 if anyone knows how to fix this please tell me

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Rooted and flashed the Optimus3G rom newest version. I am on ATT and only getting 3G now (H in bar). Has anyone had any luck getting 4G/LTE on ATT G2? I have tried different APN settings and have network mode set to GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto. Thanks

ACME Guy

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I believe the H is for 4G (HSPA+) and the 4G is for LTE. I haven't tested the speeds but in areas where I would constantly get LTE, it now shows 4G and in the areas where I would constantly get 4G it now says H. Someone else posted about that in the Optimus thread on XDA but the only answer was to use gravity box or tweeks box to change the symbols to what you want.

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
You are right I am actually getting LTE it just says 4G.

Has anyone had any luck getting the Hot spot to work on ATT LG2?

ACME Guy

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I installed Xposed framework and G3 TweaksBox and it has a setting to change the symbol back to the default ones used by AT&T (or any carrier). When I did that, it changed back to the AT&T 4G LTE symbol and then to the 4G symbol when I was in an area with only 4G.

xmguy1

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the VS980 / Verizon variant. I tried the Cloudy 1.0 Rom before. I liked it but it was sluggish at times. I dirty flashed it. I am back at stock. My question is I'm now on the latest VZW SW release. Will this rom STILL work with the G2?

troy34

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey! I'm new to everything android & I'd love to port the G3 rom to my G2. I have no previous experience in rooting or flashing android phones. I'd be glad if someone could walk me through the process... including the apps I'll need to pull it off. thanks

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey! I'm new to everything android & I'd love to port the G3 rom to my G2. I have no previous experience in rooting or flashing android phones. I'd be glad if someone could walk me through the process... including the apps I'll need to pull it off. thanks
Stump root or towelroot should work (search for XDA thread). If not, you'll need to use ioroot to root your G2 with a PC. You'll need a custom recovery (TWRP) to flash custom ROMs, kernel, etc. The freegee app on play store will put TWRP on your phone, then you can use TWRP to make a backup and flash ROM. Let me know if you have questions.

Sent from my G2 running PAC-man