G5 owners - happy or not?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Must have something not set right or it was a bad unit as I see no issues with fine print on my copy

Posted via the Android Central App
It didn't look too bad until compared side to side but I requires good image stabilization since my hands are not steady

rexbitz

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had the g5 now for a week and its a great phone thus far. I just find my self taking pictures way to often which has never happened before lol.

ccap

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Over the last month, I have become disappointed with the phone. The lip on the back where the phone and the bottom piece meet is not flush and bugging me to no end.
Also been having issues with it overheating, no sound when I switched out batteries. Text messages getting stuck in this weird scroll that you can't stop.

Too many things for such a new phone. I think I'm going to jump to Samsung.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Over the last month, I have become disappointed with the phone. The lip on the back where the phone and the bottom piece meet is not flush and bugging me to no end.
Also been having issues with it overheating, no sound when I switched out batteries. Text messages getting stuck in this weird scroll that you can't stop.

Too many things for such a new phone. I think I'm going to jump to Samsung.

I've never lost sound by changing batteries......do you mean the volume gets lowered or no sound?

Wendy Tanner

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I like the phone. I had not planned to upgrade, but my G4 completely died on the day we arrived in DC for a vacation. So, the next morning we headed to Tmobile and they sold me the upgrade. Worried that this will be a one year phone too, but so far it is great. Had I been home I would have had more options, but the ease of LG and Google backup and restore made the transition so easy.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
actually lost sound . Had to reboot the phone twice for it to finally come back.

Does this happen whether the phone is turned off or left on before the battery pull?

Ram Qashou

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I got the G5 about a week ago I am very happy with this device it makes me smile every time i use it,
Performance is described by a single word "PERFECT" this is the fastest thing I've used ever snapdragon 820 is a beast, battery is excellent it last for up to a day and half and charging is blazing fast, the UI is beutifully designed well made along with many useful features that adds joy to the whole experience the camera is as expected the main sensor takes spectacular photos and the wide one is brilliant it should be available on every smartphone the build quality is good the design is based on personal preference, the galaxy s7 looks a little bit better but the G5 isn't ugly by any means i love the camera hump it makes it stand out from the crowd.
Overall it's a perfect package at least for me it's the answer to all my needs i recommend this smartphone over it's competitors.

disney4life2005

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I am having trouble getting used to the volume buttons on the side. I came from the g4. I had the opportunity to upgrade for 1$ so i did. If you have the g4 and not a big gamer..keep it...the phone is a nice incremental upgrade but not enough for an average user imo. Battery life gets me through the day just as the g4 did..

Kevin Hill2

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
So far, I'm Happy. Love the camera, love the speed. Was a hard decision, I loved my M8 Windows phone but Microsoft has some things to work out, So really the choice for me was either the S7 or the G5, I read a lot of the reviews and comments on both phones and as great as the screen is and the S7 is a really good looking phone, I chose the G5. Why? Camera, changeable Battery, better speaker and I liked the feel of the phone in my hand. After the first few days, my Battery settled down and I get good life out of it, nothing like my Windows phone but not bad either, from 6:00 am till 12:30 am depending on the day I am hardly ever below 50%. No games, but I am on it a lot. And this phone charges smoken fast. And I know someone is going to ask. Why didn't you consider the HTC 10, it is a nice phone and has great sound, I just don't trust them about updates and camera and HTC is kinda circling the drain and one hit phone is not going to save them. And the other Question, I am using Google now, Didn't like the LG launcher, and really did not like no APP drawer, and I know I could get it back, and I did, but still didn't like LG's version. So yes, So Far I am Happy with my choice.

Still Happy, I have found no negatives about my choice so far and a lot of good things, My wife has the S7 and she has to swipe her finger a couple of times on the sensor to get it to work, mine works first time every time, Battery life has gotten better with use, and oh yeah I finally went with LG's 4.0 Launcher. And I can not tell you how much I love the fast charging. I did pick up a spare battery but have not needed it so far. Love the speaker, crisp and clear,wife's S7 sounds like a mouth full of socks. My son picked up the HTC 10, so I will get to compare the two. Good luck with whatever you choose.

pwaikon

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Got my G5 today....

Gosh, I could cry on how much better this device is than my LG G3.

Seriosly, I'm in Love :-*

The sound quality on the G5 (speaker and headphones) is DOPE! :cool: so much more bass and more clarity. Also the volume is louder. My G3 should be ashamed now... :p

The build quality is much more enjoyable, the G5 feels more premium than the G3. Also it's nicer to hold :) my G5 has really tiny gaps between the bottom part and phone on both sides. Seriosly: is this an issue to some people?? :confused: I'm happy that the paint job is perfect, no scratches or imperfections :) Power button feels okay, no wobbling etc. Firm click when pressing. Volume buttons could be a bit more raised for the touch feel to be better. Volume down is more flush than volume up.

Screen seems ok, it has some light bleeding but not so much that it would be annoying. Color temperature is on the blueish/cold side. Comparing G3 and G5 next to each other, now all of a sudden the G3 screen seems more yellow/warm toned. Never saw it before lol. Always on display is great :)

Haven't tested the camera yet. I'm sure it will blow my mind specially when the G3 pics quite often are not that impressive...

One of the best things: My new G5 is McAfee free out-of-the-box :cool: I hated it on my G3: Despite having disabled McAfee as much as possible (without rooting), McAfee backround process would start every frigging time when I activated Wifi or mobile 3G/4G :mad:

I'm SO SO Happy that I made the decision to buy the G5 despite all the negativity surrounding it. It really is true that in the end the only thing that matters is how YOU like the device. I read all the reviews, watched the videos and let them make me unsure about the G5. I say now: never again. I love my new shiny G5 (sorry everyone!) :cool:

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Only thing I'm dissapointed with since switching from the Galaxy s7 edge is the G5 Always On Display brightness.... or the total lack of brightness should I say. It's practically invisible in daylight and renders it useless til the sun goes down. Apart from that I'm loving it

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Considering all the issue related to build quality on social media, I'm very happy with the ATT model I just received. There is a small hump(?) Where it connect to the lower module, but it's not bad at all. Overall, I think it's a gorgeous device. Feels a little small compared to my Note 4, and slippery, but I love it. Super snappy too. My Note 4 never bogged down like some reported, but this is definitely an improvement in performance. I can tell immediately loading Apps and games. Haven't played with the camera yet, really. Vacation in a couple weeks though. Battery life is surprisingly good! Notice 4.5-5gr SOT yesterday. That's as good or better than my Note 4, which I didn't expect.

GeorgesBlazah

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Im stuck between the G5 and S7E. I have a G4 now and overall, I like the phone but the battery life is disappointing. Not to mention the stupid wifi bug that it has drives me nuts. Those two issues are holding me back from purchasing another LG phone. I do like the dual camera feature feature so that has me looking at the G5, but not sure if its worth the risk. Looking at the reviews here is promising though.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson