Galaxy Nexus $199

beerbaby

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Hey I saw that earlier. I think the reasons I'm so hesitant to try the Let's talk are:

a) I will be moving from a family plan to an individual line fairly soon (probably almost immediately after getting the phone)
b) It didn't list a shipping date. It just said "Unknown".

I've waited so long that I'd AT LEAST like to have a target date for when I'd get the phone.

Well, I ordered mine last night at 1:00 am, and it shipped today. Should get it tomorrow or Monday (next day shipping) depending on when they deliver and when I am at work. Unfortunately BGR posted an article about this deal, and now they are out of stock, so orders will not be filled until they restock. Still, if you can wait 174.99 is better than 300.00 in my book!

st0ic_1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My new strategy is to wait until next week and try again. I can just imagine what the sales reps are going through today with everyone trying to get discounts. If all fails, I'll ask to be transferred to the loyalty dept. and break out the deceiving business practices line and see what they give me. lol.

jorGeorge

May 16, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE

Spoke to a very nice lady rep who spent a good amount of time digging for me. Came back and said that the promotion I was referencing is no longer in place but she has another promotion for me: $9.99 off my data plan for an entire year. So that's $120 savings, better than the $100 instant deduction off the phone.

Bottom line: I've officially joined android and am a happy camper.

gsmalleus

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
No Go in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

1st Rep (Holly): After 20 minutes of searching found no promotion.

2nd Rep (didn't catch name): Found a 3G to 4G $100 discount, but was for mifi's only. I told him I knew several people in the area that had gotten the promo. The rep called my local store to see if they would honor a code that I said existed but they would not unless I had the physical mailer. Asked the rep to call me back in 30 minutes because I had to get off the phone. He never called back.

3rd Rep (Tamiqa from SC): Was very cheery, and had also been waiting for the Nexus release. Had heard of the 3G to 4G discount, but after searching for it found it was for "Select numbers in Chicago Only". She did not have any notes on my account regarding a $50 discount from the previous rep and said she could not honor that. She did however, give me free overnight shipping. I mentioned I would also like an extended battery, they were not available yet, so I get a discount when they get in stock. So I will have the phone tomorrow by 3, with free shipping and a discounted extended battery next time I stop by a store.

I was also moving my line from my parent's family plan to my own plan. I asked if order of purchasing phone then moving the plan mattered and she said it didn't. Later I found out the difference in ordering the phone first or moving the line first:

Moving the line first:
Your manufactures warranty stays intact.
You get a standard 2 year contract because you purchased the phone on your own plan

Upgrading the phone first:
Phone must be activated on the account it was purchased on. So in my case I have to wait until I receive and activate the phone before moving my line.
When the line is moved with a newly upgraded phone on it THE MANUFACTURER's WARRANTY GETS VOIDED!!
There is a big BUT here....
If you move your line after extending your contract, your contract on gets truncated to ONLY 1 YEAR!

I had already purchased the phone and the lady moving my line suggested that I refuse to accept the package tomorrow, move my line, then order the phone again so my manufacturers warranty is intact. There is no way in hell, I am waiting until mid next week for this phone.

So I said I would activate my phone on my parents plan and then move my line. I have insurance on the phone so if anything happens, it is covered. Plus I get the benefit of having only a 1 year contract and will be eligible for a new phone by the end of 2012!

All in all, I paid full price for the phone. But I got free shipping, a discounted extended battery at a later date, and only a 1 year contract. I plan on calling back and complaining that one rep offered me a $50 discount, but never called me back, but not until after I am on my own account.

Last edited:

AndroDusik

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Went to the store, even with a note on the account.. DENIED.. manager denied too. but they were offering $50 accessory for $40.. :-X
Called back *611 and got super nice girl.. Spent about an hour on the phone.. she talked to supervisor like 3 times.. finally got it approved for instant discount..
upgraded 2 lines for $370 shipped.. should get it tomorrow..
im in Jersey:-$

odranoel

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Went to the store, even with a note on the account.. DENIED.. manager denied too. but they were offering $50 accessory for $40.. :-X
Called back *611 and got super nice girl.. Spent about an hour on the phone.. she talked to supervisor like 3 times.. finally got it approved for instant discount..
upgraded 2 lines for $370 shipped.. should get it tomorrow..
im in Jersey:-$

Did she give you the CH4GE promo or something else? How did you convince them to apply it?

fire n ice

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but when I spoke to CS a few minutes ago they told me that I did not qualify for the instant $100 off. HOWEVER, she did tell me that there was a $100 mail in rebate available for upgrading from a 3G device to a 4G device. I asked her about moving the device to another line after the upgrade and she said it would not be a problem.

AndroDusik

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Did she give you the CH4GE promo or something else? How did you convince them to apply it?

I think I just got lucky with this girl.. she was extra nice.. at first I she told me supervisor said verizon will send me an email that I will have to fill some forms up to get those discount in visa card form.. I said ok.. But at the end I told her jokingly about me being with verizon for 16 years.. plus I asked her to make sure that I will get the gift cards.. she went to talk to her supervisor again and said we will apply instant for you because you been with us for that many years..
I know that played a little role.. but, the main thing I think is because she was extremely nice.. I think I just got lucky..

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
What I want to know is I'm wasting my time complaining and trying to get this discount when even if I convinced the rep to help me, the system won't let them give it to me anyway. Does anyone know the answer to this? If they can't give me the phone for $200 then I'm at least hoping they can give me a discount on my bill for all the trouble.

When they couldn't apply a discount for mine they offered to apply an instant credit to my account. I only ended up getting $50 but made up the rest with waived fees and free accessory for the trouble. Complain enough and they will buckle. Tell them they make hundreds off you yearly is it worth losing your business over $100 promotion you were promised by their mistake?

If you pay a prorated cancellation fee or don't even have one then they will lose hundreds a year if you leave over a 1 time $100 promotion. When you put it like that I am sure they will do something for you.

JMcG

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I received 100 off two nexus phones today. I told them about the promo and after going back and forth with the manager, the manager did some kind of override. My total was like 423 for both. Christmas miracle.

ggiedd

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Called CSR last night and she put the note on my account for the 3g to 4g discount. Went in first thing this morning and the corp store sales would not honor it. I only got a $10 off discount for my employer.
I called the 1800 back tonight and spoke to a nice lady. I explained it all to her and she put me on hold for about 5 mins. Came back and asked for the store name and location. Gave her that info and hold again. After a couple of more mins, she said she was going to apply a 100 credit to my account but it would take a manager to approve in the system. But since she had talked to her manager, she didnt think it would be a problem. It will take about a day to show up as a credit.

Time will tell now...

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I am wondering how the person who posted that got it in Atlanta did it. I am not able to get any promotion, just the $ 249.99 price.

naahdude

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Called twice on Tuesday for the 3G to 4G promotion, the 1st rep told me it was only for Chicago area, 2nd rep said I was eligible and noted my account. Called CS this morning to order my Nexus and the CS rep saw the notes and told me he had to do some investigating. Put me on hold for a few minutes and when he returned he saw that I called twice the other day, and that the 1st note said it was a Chicago promo, and he also saw that the other rep said I was eligible. He put me on hold again for about 10 minutes and when he came back he said that technically I wasn't eligible for the promotion because I'm not in the Chicago area (I'm actually in AZ), but that because the 2nd rep said I was eligible that he would honor the discount and would take the $100 off my next bill. I was planning on charging the phone to my account, so it would show up on my next bill anyway.

It gets better because I was also had a NE2 discount of $100, but here's the cherry on top.... he said that normally the shipping was 2 business days and that the phone would arrive on Mon. The rep then apologized earlier for the 3G to 4G promotion error and said he would bump me up to free overnight shipping.

So, I believe I got the deal of the day. My Nexus for $99+ tax and free overnight shipping. Tomorrow can't get here soon enough. :)

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone in Southern Cal or specifically San Diego been able to get this $100 discount? I called earlier today and the rep told me there wasn't any discount for that. I told her I was going from an old flip phone (dumb phone) to smartphone and still no deal. I do have a $50 NE2, and 17% discount off the monthly bill.

spiff72

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
The original CSR that put a note on my account was a woman, and I found out this afternoon the note was "customer inquired about 3G to 4G promotion, I told him I only saw a $30 NE2 discount". She told me last night she put that I was eligible for the $100 off. SMH

Also, all the telesales people want a screenshot of my verizon showing these phones for $249 instead of $299.

Same thing happened to me - but I live in Michigan so I thought MAYBE I might have a shot.

I was so excited last night when I finally got the account noted. I asked her several times whether I would get the $100 credit and the $30 NE2 credit, and she said yes. She was very friendly the whole time.

Of course today the store wouldn't honor any discount. Thought I would try to call again tonight to see what happened. The CSR told me that my account had been noted last night to say that there were no targeted promotions in my area, so it is my word against the CSR from last night. I guess the customer isn't always right.

I know it seems petty, but this experience is tainting this phone for me.

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone in Southern Cal or specifically San Diego been able to get this $100 discount? I called earlier today and the rep told me there wasn't any discount for that. I told her I was going from an old flip phone (dumb phone) to smartphone and still no deal. I do have a $50 NE2, and 17% discount off the monthly bill.

I'm in Burbank and after many attempts they are going to credit my account since I already ordered the phone. The Rep said they've been getting a overwhelming request for this promo, I'd assume because more people asking then were sent a mailer.

Reactions: sdsubball23

st0ic_1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Burbank and after many attempts they are going to credit my account since I already ordered the phone. The Rep said they've been getting a overwhelming request for this promo, I'd assume because more people asking then were sent a mailer.

Maybe that'll be a clue to verizon to actually offer it. The $100 off is made up over the course of the contract. I don't see why it's so hard to actually offer your customers something to persuade them to keep giving their money to the company.

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

thanks for the info. I might call again tomorrow to ask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrynguyen102