Galaxy Nexus Not charging!!!!!

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I've created a darn account just so I can. Post this. I'm on vacation. And I really need my phone. But. It's not charging. I've tried 3 chargers. 10 outlets. 3 computer USB ports. Even the toothpick to push up the charger lip trick. After I did that. The plug won't even go in. I've had my phone for a little more then 3 days past a year. So. My warranty is over. (I think?). I drastically need help. Thank you!!! :'(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply, and I realize it's probably unhelpful now that you are most likely back from your vacation. The possibilities I can think of include:

1. Failing battery. Have you tried a different battery?
2. Faulty USB cable. You mentioned you tried different chargers, but does the mean charging plugs (using the same USB cable) or completely separate chargers with their own cables?
3. Faulty USB charging port. If you've tried everything else and are unsuccessful, then this is the likely problem, and you'll just have to get it fixed somewhere, or look for a new phone.

Hope you figure it out!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I've created a darn account just so I can. Post this. I'm on vacation. And I really need my phone. But. It's not charging. I've tried 3 chargers. 10 outlets. 3 computer USB ports. Even the toothpick to push up the charger lip trick. After I did that. The plug won't even go in. I've had my phone for a little more then 3 days past a year. So. My warranty is over. (I think?). I drastically need help. Thank you!!! :'(

Welcome to the forums!
I agree it most likely is your battery? Is there a bulge in it? Set it on a table and try to spin it. If it does, it needs to be replaced.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I agree it most likely is your battery? Is there a bulge in it? Set it on a table and try to spin it. If it does, it needs to be replaced.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

That's a cool tip! Where'd you read about that?

rjmortiz

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. I see the lightning bolt for the charge but it's not charging whatsoever. Different USB adapters, batteries and so on. The only way I can charge is travelers charger in which I remove the battery from the phone and it charges battery.

Joehoeva

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. I tried everything. I pulled the battery and everything seemed in order. Then I pulled the battery again and got sidetracked. When I came back about an hour later I put the battery back in and it started working. I have no idea why it happened or why it now works but I'm sure glad it does.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick