Galaxy Nexus & Razr Comparison

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
this pure google is more hype then substance...I also have the xoom and it is "pure google" and so on, it also has bloatware that I cannot get rid of, between the "google experience" of my xoom and my bionic, not much difference.

I agree. I also have a Xoom and get all the updates from Google. The problem with that is manufactures get these updates and modify it for their UI. Some of these modifications aren't all bad.

For example Googles update to version 3.2 allowed SD card access but read only. If you want to write to the SD card in the Xoom you need to use a PC. Now outside the USA Motorola gives out the updates for the Xoom when they released version 3.1 you could read and write to the SD card. USA users still cannot write to SD without rooting.

Needless to say my GED experience hasn't been something I can't live without.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Well, Corning has confirmed, no Gorilla glass on the Nexus Prime! Wowski. So for sure I'll pass on that now. I'm done with protector condoms on my phones.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty much sold on the Razr at this point.

I do like the looks of the nexus better, and the stock android of course.

But I also told myself my next phone wouldnt be a samsung.. and the lack of Gorilla Glass seems to have finally tipped the scale in the Razr's direction.

SammyRocker5150

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Its a toss up for me. Stock ICS would be nice. Im sure the RAZR will get it, and the new blur will most likely use the RAZR's buttons. However if i wanted a stock experience, say a new cm rom, i would lose some of my screen most likely. I am a big fan of Motorola phones over Samsung, being a droid and droid x owner, both of which are VERY good phones. Ultimately my decision will lay on what Verizon's Nexus looks like. We haven't exactly seen their version in detail. Its supposed to be thicker yet.

The other issue in my mind is that quad core's are just around the corner. Yes, yes, wait 4 months and a better phone is out. But I feel quad core's are going to be another HUGE leap from a dual core experience. However I doubt Moto will be releasing say a tegra 3 device in Q1 2012, and I don't want to wait another 6 to 9 months for a phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54