Galaxy Nexus to Sprint?

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I would not be surprised if Sprint announces the Galaxy-Nexus next week at CES, with a date "Coming soon..." There is no way Verizon will have the lock on it forever, in Europe several carriers sell it. But the big issue is WiMax not being supported, and Sprint eventually pulling away from that. So would they release an LTE Nexus, but with it not activated ?

jimmycinla

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I would not be surprised if Sprint announces the Galaxy-Nexus next week at CES, with a date "Coming soon..." There is no way Verizon will have the lock on it forever, in Europe several carriers sell it. But the big issue is WiMax not being supported, and Sprint eventually pulling away from that. So would they release an LTE Nexus, but with it not activated ?

They released the WiMax Nexus in tons of areas without WiMax available, so why not release the LTE Nexus without LTE availability in areas. I'd still buy it. (damnit)

j

fingas

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Nice and to think i just left sprint for verizon for this phone.

I was about to do the same! I'll stick around with Sprint for awhile longer to get this phone. Never really liked Samsung due to their crappy update timelines on their devices. This being a pure Google experience should relieve me of that problem.

Going from Evo3D to Galaxy Nexus...LOVE the big screen!!

curtis33

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I am sure Sprint will get it. Sprint seems to be on the right track with the devices they offer, Not too much (Like Verizon) not too little (Like Sprint of 2009)

kenrico

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
This is very welcome ! Have been itching to upgrade and both my friends on Verizon have already jumped and got their Nexus' and ICS goodness.

Did not want to get off my Epic until something with LTE was available, the new phones are nice but didn't make sense for me. Heck I never had WiMax in San Diego either, hope Sprint starts selling before June without the full network in place - would love to buy it today .

Kenny

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This is welcomed news... I said back mid year when Sprint confirmed lighting up LTE network mid 2012 that Sprint's best option would be to hold off on a Galaxy Nexus until then.

Looks like I was correct... LTE Galaxy Nexus.. Sprint's flagship phone for their upcoming LTE network...

Awesome...

Hammer9274

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Yes this is welcomed news and I hope it's true. My upgrade is in august, so this could work out real well. I just hope my area is one of the first few lte turned on.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually not excited for this phone at all. The poor camera compared to the SGSII is a dealbreaker for me. I can't justify going from a poor camera to another poor camera. Plus the other issues I've been reading about. I think I'll wait for the next Nexus with a + screen.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I think I am still leaving for Verizon.... Just like with Wimax 4g, LTE isn't something to run all the time because of battery drain. Unless they talk about improving their 3g speeds very soon, we are still gone. Sucks too because we've been with Sprint for 8 years.

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
The spec bump to 1.5Ghz is a better start. Let's hope it's followed up with at least an 8mp camera... I'd like to see 12mp hit the market by then.

I do hope they release this as "LTE upgradable" so we don't have to wait 6+ months...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire