Galaxy Note 8 Tempered glass screen protector

NeoGrandizer

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Dang it. I got 2 Note 8s (one is for my brother). My brother got a Otterbox Commuter and from what I can see from some, the White Dome won't fit it. :( Looks like I'll have to look for another sturdy case in place of it if I go with the White Dome. Oh well, can't do anything about that. At least the Clear View Standing cover does. So I'm set. LOL

It seems pretty simple to install the White Dome. It could be applied without the guide box from what I can discern (just drop the liquid adhesive right dab in the middle of the phone, line up/drop the glass on top and then bake in UV = done). Though it does remove the guess work of lining up the glass properly. Going to order it and use surgical gloves to install to prevent oil transfers from my hands to the device when transferring working with the guide box. Get the best possible clean install of the glass. XD

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Dang it. I got 2 Note 8s (one is for my brother). My brother got a Otterbox Commuter and from what I can see from some, the White Dome won't fit it. :( Looks like I'll have to look for another sturdy case in place of it if I go with the White Dome. Oh well, can't do anything about that. At least the Clear View Standing cover does. So I'm set. LOL

It seems pretty simple to install the White Dome. It could be applied without the guide box from what I can discern (just drop the liquid adhesive right dab in the middle of the phone, line up/drop the glass on top and then bake in UV = done). Though it does remove the guess work of lining up the glass properly. Going to order it and use surgical gloves to install to prevent oil transfers from my hands to the device when transferring working with the guide box. Get the best possible clean install of the glass. XD
Although it's possible to do it without the guide box why would you risk it?

Is there something negative about the guide box that's making you not want to use it?

NeoGrandizer

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Although it's possible to do it without the guide box why would you risk it?

Is there something negative about the guide box that's making you not want to use it?
First off, I didn't say I wouldn't use the box. LOL

I actually intend to use it as this is something different from the other full adhesive tempered glass protectors I've applied in the past.

I don't think there's any real risk except for some misalignment and some very fine particulate matter getting under the glass protector. Though in all honesty, I have never tried applying anything like this before using a liquid adhesive. And the fact that it is also a curved screen. Seems excessive and way too many unnecessary steps just to install a simple screen protector. Cleaning the screen, transferring to guide box, putting more things on, moving things around... will most likely stir up very tiny particulate matter and cause a higher probability that you will get something underneath the protector during this many step installation. As shown by inspecting and (if needed) cleaning the screen again after the transfer to the box and before actually applying the liquid to ensure it's mostly clean and avoid getting something stuck under the protector.

Just my own observations on it and past experiences with applying screen protectors without the need for guides.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I installed the zagg tempered glass screen protector tonight, and so far I'm loving it. the installation is foolproof and zagg did a great job with size of it making it case friendly. I've tested it with all 5 cases I currently have and they all work no problem. there's no sensitivity issues - texting and s pen are as easy as with no screen protector. a lot of people have been bashing zagg for previous failures, and i was skeptical at first myself, but I gotta say this time around on the note 8 it seems like a home run.

Beagles329

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I installed the zagg tempered glass screen protector tonight, and so far I'm loving it. the installation is foolproof and zagg did a great job with size of it making it case friendly. I've tested it with all 5 cases I currently have and they all work no problem. there's no sensitivity issues - texting and s pen are as easy as with no screen protector. a lot of people have been bashing zagg for previous failures, and i was skeptical at first myself, but I gotta say this time around on the note 8 it seems like a home run.
I did the same thing yesterday. After trying some no-name glass protector off of Amazon and then trying the film protector from Zagg, only to have the edges start peeling up after a day of being on the phone, I finally tried the Zagg glass protector and it's been great.

Plenty of room around the edges for case clearance and no touch issues.

shasticat

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
I did the same thing yesterday. After trying some no-name glass protector off of Amazon and then trying the film protector from Zagg, only to have the edges start peeling up after a day of being on the phone, I finally tried the Zagg glass protector and it's been great.

Plenty of room around the edges for case clearance and no touch issues.

Can you please send a link to the zagg screen protector you got?

ahiqar

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
I just had the Zagg glass installed on mine at the Verizon store. It works well with the Tech 21 evo check case. My only complaint so far in fingerprints...lots of them. Maybe it's just me and my sweaty hands. I'll give it a few days before I make a judgment.

glock115

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm returning my Zagg momentarily. I installed the Whitestone Dome and it's 100 percent better. I'm no longer getting missed screen touches and its hard to tell there's even a screen protector on.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm returning my Zagg momentarily. I installed the Whitestone Dome and it's 100 percent better. I'm no longer getting missed screen touches and its hard to tell there's even a screen protector on.

I ordered the Whitestone dome also and it's due to arrive on Wednesday, but at this point, I'll probably just hold onto it as a spare backup to the zagg. Everyone has only awesome things to say about the Whitestone, but right now there's nothing that can be improved from the zagg in my short use so far

aj888

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
whitestone dome screen protector is the best. installed on my wife's note 8 and mine. she couldn't tell it was on there. She thought I was crazy for spending $50 on a screen protectoe till she saw it haha hope this helps

uberterrific

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the Glass screen protector from Verizon & have ZERO issues. Clarity is great, and no issues with the sides or corners, even with my case. screen responce is also excellent. I am using the Galaxy Note 8 Rugged Protective Cover...

SpartanSmurf

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
poetic arrived today visible glue line around the edge. loads of dead doors and more air in the screen than in the atmosphere. complained so they sent me another one 😂😂

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I've got the Zagg Invisible Shield on my Note 5, albeit flat screen. After five months, perfect. Best ballistic protector to date. Watching this thread closely. Have the Note 8 in the same Ultra Thin Spigen case. Love this case! However NO screen protector as yet. Would like to see more reviews on the Zagg Curve Glass.

I love that Spiegen ultra thin case too! A few utube videos say with the fit of the Spiegen cases there's not enough room with the screen protector applied unless it's a "perfect install." Otherwise, it will push up the sides of the protector (on the WhiteStone Dome one anyway, per the video.) I haven't made a decision until there's some more clarity with the cases.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
My MAGGLASS glass screen protector came yesterday .very easy install looks great spen works well.case friendly .I have it on with my otterbox commuter case .