Galaxy Note 8 Tempered glass screen protector

NeoGrandizer

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I just finished installing the Whitestone Dome Glass... personal thoughts:

I definitely understand the rave about this. It is definitely a great full adhesive screen protector. You definitely can't tell that's it's on if you quickly glanced at the phone. Very easy to install with one big gripe (cleaning the adhesive junk spill over on the phone after the primary curing phase). I did not try cleaning without first doing the first phase curing as I didn't want the glass to slide around during the cleaning. It's also foul smelling to me and need to work with some ventilation. Actually gave me a headache when working with it.

The cloths provided were junk and not lint free. They were thick fabric but the amount of lint on it was just bad. I tested it cleaning my Note 2 and there were specks everywhere. These cloths weren't a total waste though as I used them to try and clean up the spill over cured adhesive. Decided to use my lint free lens cloth instead for the initial cleaning to get a mostly clean phone. Cleaned up the front, back and sides. Also suggest if you want a 'perfect' fit, do a dry test fitting first. Basically go through all the steps without using the adhesive and not the removing film on the screen protector. This gives you an idea of exactly where the glass should sit and where. It'll also give you a clue as to what not to do. The glass was able to slide under the top box when fiddling with it trying to get a good alignment. Definitely something you don't want. You also can take your time fiddling with it as you don't have the adhesive to worry about. I also wore surgical gloves during the entire process to ensure a clean working environment and that no oils were transferred to any of the glass during installation.

Plan ahead and you should be fine. Work space with a leveled table. Cable length, adapter and wall outlet that will allow you to do the UV curing on the table without moving the box. Layout all your tools in reach and minimize the amount of movement you do.

I did get the excess adhesive off the phone body, but it took a bit off the side edge of the adhesive under the screen protector. 2 edges on the left side of the phone has a bit of adhesive that can be seen where it has been peeled away cleaning off the excess.

elvyb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
just put on the Whitestone dome screen protector.
I really liked invisasheild but I have not found invisasheild able to make a screen protector that will stay down on curved glass.
so far Whitestone was a pain in the rear to put on.
I had to remove and redo.
it looks terrible right now. maybe in the morning it will look better.
Whitestone will not return your money if their is an issue.
so let's see what happens.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
just put on the Whitestone dome screen protector.
I really liked invisasheild but I have not found invisasheild able to make a screen protector that will stay down on curved glass.
so far Whitestone was a pain in the rear to put on.
I had to remove and redo.
it looks terrible right now. maybe in the morning it will look better.
Whitestone will not return your money if their is an issue.
so let's see what happens.
Yes that's why you need to take your time and be in the good dust-free environment when installing the Whitestone and also you have to take great care that you are table or whatever you are on top of is level other than that it's actually pretty simple

73yellow

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
I decided to go ahead and give it a go after the kids went to bed so I could concentrate. It went smooth I made sure to level out the installation tray with a small level, just needed one credit card to make it perfect. A tiny bit of glue came out of one edge, you can see it in one of the pictures. I was able to use one of the included alcohol wipes to get it off and now it’s perfect. It really is a great protector and worth the money. I’m going to let it sit tonight and use it some tomorrow, I have a Otter Box defender case but I’m not even going to try it in that case. I’ve got a Samsung rugged kickstand case and a UAG Monarch coming that should work with the protector.

View attachment 268083

View attachment 268084

View attachment 268085

View attachment 268086

So you wouldn't try it with the Otter box Defender.

Cappaccinodagreat

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I just finished installing the Whitestone Dome Glass... personal thoughts:

I definitely understand the rave about this. It is definitely a great full adhesive screen protector. You definitely can't tell that's it's on if you quickly glanced at the phone. Very easy to install with one big gripe (cleaning the adhesive junk spill over on the phone after the primary curing phase). I did not try cleaning without first doing the first phase curing as I didn't want the glass to slide around during the cleaning. It's also foul smelling to me and need to work with some ventilation. Actually gave me a headache when working with it.

The cloths provided were junk and not lint free. They were thick fabric but the amount of lint on it was just bad. I tested it cleaning my Note 2 and there were specks everywhere. These cloths weren't a total waste though as I used them to try and clean up the spill over cured adhesive. Decided to use my lint free lens cloth instead for the initial cleaning to get a mostly clean phone. Cleaned up the front, back and sides. Also suggest if you want a 'perfect' fit, do a dry test fitting first. Basically go through all the steps without using the adhesive and not the removing film on the screen protector. This gives you an idea of exactly where the glass should sit and where. It'll also give you a clue as to what not to do. The glass was able to slide under the top box when fiddling with it trying to get a good alignment. Definitely something you don't want. You also can take your time fiddling with it as you don't have the adhesive to worry about. I also wore surgical gloves during the entire process to ensure a clean working environment and that no oils were transferred to any of the glass during installation.

Plan ahead and you should be fine. Work space with a leveled table. Cable length, adapter and wall outlet that will allow you to do the UV curing on the table without moving the box. Layout all your tools in reach and minimize the amount of movement you do.

I did get the excess adhesive off the phone body, but it took a bit off the side edge of the adhesive under the screen protector. 2 edges on the left side of the phone has a bit of adhesive that can be seen where it has been peeled away cleaning off the excess.

So do you have to be extra careful when choosing a case to use after applying the glass?

NeoGrandizer

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
So do you have to be extra careful when choosing a case to use after applying the glass?
Yeah. There are some cases that will not work with it (Otterbox Defender and Commuter for example) as it will push the glass up. GravX on youtube has a compatibility video showing what cases he's tested will work with it. I have a Clear view stand case on it and it's fine. I plan on getting the UAG Monarch once it's available here.

jesskoh

Banned
Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
Yeah. There are some cases that will not work with it (Otterbox Defender and Commuter for example) as it will push the glass up. GravX on youtube has a compatibility video showing what cases he's tested will work with it. I have a Clear view stand case on it and it's fine. I plan on getting the UAG Monarch once it's available here.
https://youtu.be/hF05bX8CvHE

This InvisShield True Fit Full Adhesive Tempered Glass Fits most casings that is out in the market as the tempered glass is slightly smaller than Whitestone and the adhesive is stronger than Whitestone Dome adhesive too

NeoGrandizer

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
This InvisShield True Fit Full Adhesive Tempered Glass Fits most casings that is out in the market as the tempered glass is slightly smaller than Whitestone and the adhesive is stronger than Whitestone Dome adhesive too
Yeah. I couldn't find it here either. Pricing will definitely be a key issue. Especially if it comes with fewer parts.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
So, what is the verdict on the Zagg Glass Curve? Does it have the "Dot Matrix" over the display and does the S-Pen work fine with it?

I don't see the dot matrix as on previous phones, but it does show fingerprints and smudges real easily.
There is no screen sensitivity issue at all and the S Pen works perfectly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci