Galaxy Note 8 Tempered glass screen protector

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Always, especially inside the edges.

Let's face it: curved displays are worthless to try to protect with a screen protector.

I've never had a glass screen protector but while looking for one, I read quite a few review of this happening so I stopped looking.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
You might want to look into the Whitestone Dome Glass screen protectors. They seem to be a really good one that's flying under the radar. It's a little pricey, but the coverage and application are better than most available, as well as it seems to be comparable with a good number of cases. Good luck!

The Whitestone Dome Glass screen protector looks amazing - they use a UV adhesive for the entire surface and a UV light to bond it. The S8+ screen protector cost $45 on Amazon. Here's an installation video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCqwSRAiS4s - it's a complex process, but it appears to be the only protector with full-adhesive. It doesn't appear they have a Note 8 protector yet, though.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
For those going naked, Verizon told me that WITH FULL INSURANCE, a cracked screen on the Note 8 will cost $299 to repair/replace. A good tempered glass protector may not be perfect, but it's an inexpensive way to provide just a little more protection.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
For those going naked, Verizon told me that WITH FULL INSURANCE, a cracked screen on the Note 8 will cost $299 to repair/replace. A good tempered glass protector may not be perfect, but it's an inexpensive way to provide just a little more protection.

🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
The Whitestone Dome Glass screen protector looks amazing - they use a UV adhesive for the entire surface and a UV light to bond it. The S8+ screen protector cost $45 on Amazon. Here's an installation video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCqwSRAiS4s - it's a complex process, but it appears to be the only protector with full-adhesive. It doesn't appear they have a Note 8 protector yet, though.

Yeah, I know! I am hoping that it will be available shortly after launch.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Samsung premium care has a $99 deductible. No loss or theft coverage though

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I switched to wallet style flip cases a while back and ditched the screen protectors. I could never find one that worked really well on the curved Samsung displays. Plan on doing the same with my Note.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I have started to think about the accessories that I should get for the Galaxy Note 8 Tempered and one of the major things that I need to decide about is the screen protector.

Are you planning to get a Tempered glass screen protector for your note 8? I have tried to use one of those on some of my previous smartphones and I almost always had trouble installing them,

for now I'll be going with this one:
Amazon.com: amFilm Dot Matrix 3D Curved Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

View attachment 266381

What screen protector are you going to use?

Zagg is the way to go. Usually cheaper on Amazon than in store and replacements will prob be $10 for the life of the phone.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Always, especially inside the edges.

Let's face it: curved displays are worthless to try to protect with a screen protector.

The zagg one for s8+ looks to have a tiny bit if adhesive along the edges. Keeps dirt out. I'm more worried about impact protection than scratches. Most cases for these curved glass phones don't protect enough from a face down impact.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I switched to wallet style flip cases a while back and ditched the screen protectors. I could never find one that worked really well on the curved Samsung displays. Plan on doing the same with my Note.

I came to the same conclusion

Dry install on Note 7 - peeled on the Edges immediately
Wet install on s7 Edge held on for 7 or 8 months..but was plastic and felt like plastic and there were tons of tiny dots that I could see when wearing my VR

Leather wallet case then Samsung LED case on my s8 - way better. Im leaning towards getting a case this time that has a holster and no screen protection and a Lifeproof style just for giggles

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I havn't used a screen protector since Samsung went curved. I've tried many but none of the tempered or film worked well for me. So far so good.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a tempered glass for the Note 8 on Amazon. As you can see by the pictures, the glass barely has any curve to it on the edges, unlike the Note 7 glass protectors. (the picture on the right is of the edge of the protector) Strangely, the label indicates "Protection of God" on it!

View attachment 266000

Geesh that must be some screen protector! protecting God and whatnot lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tudi23