Galaxy S10 playing bluetooth through one car speaker

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When playing audio through my car speakers via Bluetooth on my Galaxy S10 it's only playing through the front driver's speaker. This only happens with dialogue (podcasts, talks, etc). Music plays through all speakers. Is this a mono vs stereo issue? This is a new problem within the past couple of weeks. Before this everything played through all the speakers. I've searched audio and Bluetooth settings without luck. Ideas?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I think some testing and more info is needed.

For starters what year, make, and model car? Is it a basic stereo, factory premium, or aftermarket? Is it just stereo sound or surround sound?

For testing, what happens when you fade the sound to the rear speakers, both when playing music and listening to podcasts? Have you tried using a wired connection, and if so, does that make a difference? Have you tried with other speakers or headsets? Have you tried loading those files onto something else, like a computer or mp3 player and listened?

My initial thought is this is a two fold issue. It could be a phone or app setting or how the flies are recorded. That will be determined from the various tests you need to try. That's the first problem.

If the audio is output as mono, as I suspect it is, then the other problem is why only the driver front speaker. If it's a regular stereo anything output on the left channel should play on the front and rear left speakers. If only playing on the front left/drivers side, then either your fade control is set all the way to the front, or the rear left speaker is blown. The only way you could have music from all speakers, including the rear, but only have speaking through a single speaker without changing the radio settings, would be if you have surround sound in your vehicle. That is possible but most people don't have surround sound. That's why I'm leaning towards either fade control or blown speaker(s). Fading audio to the rear when you think all of them are playing with music will verify this.

Please register an account so you can reply with additional feedback and test results. That way we can help narrow this down. The information you've given us so far is too vague, and any answers we may have are little more than shots in the dark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid