Galaxy S4 5.0.1 Upgrade broke the USB functionality. How to connect to Odin to downgrade?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S4 5.0.1 Upgrade broke the USB functionality. How to connect to Odin to downgrade? HELP!

I've just upgraded my Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 to Android version 5.0.1. After the update completed and my phone booted everything looked alright, until I tried to charge it the usual way, which is by plugging it into my laptop using a USB cable. Nothing. I tried the socket charger - nothing. No activity at all. It won't charge. It won't even get acknowledged by the laptop/kies/odin. Now when I power it off and I plug it in, the lightning bolt battery logo pops up with a quick vibration burst then it disappears. It does that every 20 seconds in an endless loop. I've had the phone for 3 years and never had a single issue with it until after this update to 5.0.1. I want to connect it to Odin so I can roll back to 4.4.2 or something that used to work, but that's impossible as the laptop/odin/kies does not acknowledge my phone's existence.

Can anyone help me?

Stuff I've tried:
-Multiple factory resets
-Chache cleans
-Soft reboot
-Hard reset
-Drivers update/uninstall-reinstall
-Kies reinstall/update/troubleshoot
-Conectivity troubleshoot

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 5.0.1 Upgrade broke the USB functionality. How to connect to Odin to downgrade? HELP!

Does it actually turn on ? Try another usb lead/ battery. Is the battery bulging?

martinin

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 5.0.1 Upgrade broke the USB functionality. How to connect to Odin to downgrade? HELP!

I'm OP. It does turn on. I've tried 3 different batteries and 2 different usb leads. My father has an s4 so I use his to charge the battery when its drained and put it back in mine.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Does your fathers charge work on your phone? Im starting to think your charging port may be loose

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm thinking it's hardware problem not software.

darksngel119

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site

It does sound hardware but it is possible that update messed it up unlikely though.

There is no roll back however sorry.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45