Galaxy S4: Major problem - SIM card not detected

bubbbab

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Sure thing. I should have one in this week for that exact fix. I'll do a video for it. Spoiler Alert.... I suck at videos...

Aslan_bali

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Sure thing. I should have one in this week for that exact fix. I'll do a video for it. Spoiler Alert.... I suck at videos...

Well ive been struggling with this issue for about 6 months now but what i found out is that some apps that uses heavily resources like editing or reading contacts from the simcard like whatsapp or like google fking maps whose uses gps antenna and wifi or mobile data alltoghether which heats up the phone very quickly at high degrees are main cause of this no simcard issue.

Why im saying this is bcuz im on a custom rom and whenever i use google maps i get that error immediatly or when i install whatsapp i get that error after 2 minutes. But if i disable their reading editing contacts command from application manager problem gos away.

So if you dont have this no sim issue yet you can prevent it by not using whatsapp or google maps, i have 2 s4's my wife and me mine has it bcuz ive used alot those 2 apps.

computersoc

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking it is heat related too, because it was doing it multiple times last year when I was on vacation and taking a lot of pictures and using Google Maps a lot. Now it does it about once a week.

sehrkrassertyp

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
I suddenly got this problem at work, I checked my phone and saw I had that no signal sign and that the phone didn't recognise any network as the carrier name wasn't showing. I didn't get the popup that says something like reboot now or something, but that may be because my OS has been tampered with a lot, I rooted it, updated from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2 to 4.4 to 5.1, rooted it several times, installed and uninstalled a custom kernel, reinstalled the modem software when I had another problem with reception, apart from which my phone ran fine for 3 years. So my first guess was a software problem, but I quickly figured out that this wasn't the case. I will now try the cable fixing thing, but I'm really pissed of by this so far, I already ordered a One Plus 3T but shipping will take some more weeks and I had promised to give this phone to a family member when I upgrade. Obviously any warranty related fixes aren't possible for me anymore as my phone is 3 years old now. I'll update if I get any positive results from the foam hack.

benkurban

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
HEy there TIP form me,

as i searched a solution and test much of things i would to say this...

The problem is cause of the NFC chip on top of the motherboard of the S4. to fully solve this problem u need to change it and its expansive.

an other way is (i test it today dont know solve it fully but seems like that) is to close the NFC Connector on the battery with an tape. So if the NFC chip does not become power means no NFC is activated on the motherboard. So it should be not issue anyway again. So its the last Pin Nr. 4 (under the " - " symbol. Only close it with a tape and replace your battery agian to phone and restart.

In my Phone its work :)

look the picture close the Nr. 4 pin

benkurban@gmail.com

:pSamsung_F1-A2GBU_battery_pinout.jpg

Toya DaMan

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Just top bumped this, I am stuck with my S4 (which I use as a work phone), but I get the 'No SIM card' at least once a day. I have put pressure on the back, which has helped, but...the when I get the 'no SIM' message, if I switch to Airplane Mode and back off, the sim comes back. So it mine is a software issue now. I have installed the BlueTooth Connect, but that's not helped. Any suggestions?

bubbbab

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Respectfully, I don't think the detect issue is software related. I've now done about 50 hack fixes with the spacer under the bezel and they're working mostly very well. A couple report and error once every 3 or 4 weeks. Also about a month ago, I did one (my first) S4 NFC controller IC replacement with a customer that was willing to take a chance. So far it appears to be "the" permanent fix. The chip was, as I recall, 12 bucks. For most I recommend the spacer hack UNDER the bezel over the sim pop connector. The chip fix is only applicable if your or your repair facility have equipment, supplies, and skills for BGA surface mount repairs. If you don't have component level experience, and you try it, you will end up with a mess.

Ottmar

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, this worked for me! Lately I've got this message several times a day. None of the other fixes worked, so I tried this. After 10 days with tape on the battery, no message on my phone.

Thanks again!