Galaxy S6 is Crap by a Samsung Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like most of these problems are from people on tmobile. Perhaps it's something they are doing when they add their stuff and handle the phones. My Verizon s6 edge is the most beautiful smartphone I've seen.

Posted via the Android Central App

I agree. I have Verizon and my phone is flawless cosmetically. Sorry you've experienced those issues.

J

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like most of these problems are from people on tmobile. Perhaps it's something they are doing when they add their stuff and handle the phones. My Verizon s6 edge is the most beautiful smartphone I've seen.

I have never heard of a carrier adding bloat that would cause a physical change to the phone. Phones usually are damaged physically when being shipped by UPS and other facilities. They don't always handle packages with finesse.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Plus, I don't think that the carriers even physically touch the phones... the images are loaded by the OEM when the phones are built at the factory.

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I moved from a Note 4 to a Galaxy S6 64 GB.
i am going to share what i have been through with this Galaxy S6.
When i opened the sealed box i discovered that the simtray was not made so perfectly(picture). At the first moment i was dissapointed, but than i was like : let me try this phone out.

I started the Galaxy S6. It loaded fast, i signed in with all my accounts. Everything seemed to be Oke. But than i saw that white was not real white in the corners at the bottom of the screen. It is pinkish and in the middle a bit yellow. it was not really an issue for me cause i am used to these problems on other devices( I have owned all the samsung S and Note series)
I was inspecting the glass at the back and i saw a scratch. i used my shirt to wipe it but than it seemed to be inside the glass. Hmmm. ( see the picture yourself)
I looked at the front glass and saw more problems, the right corner at the bottom is more inside the frame than the left corner. The left corner is in 1 line with the frame.( picture )
Than at the top : when i press on the screen , i can see the glass moving and even when pressing at the bezel side the glass moves.

I bought the S6 on the 21st of april , today the 26th of april the samsung gave more problems. The battery was more than 50 percent. i left it on the table and when i came back after 1 or 2 minutes to pick it up the phone couldnt go on anymore. I pressed and holded the power button, but no action. i tried to plug it into the the charger , nothing happened, not even the led light nor a screen that the phone is charging. I plugged in on my pc and no connection, the pc couldnt find any usb/media.

I have used all types of samsung phones, but this one is the Worst. i was so happy with my Note 4 but i saw the camera of the S6 and thats why i switched to the S6. The camera is really good and have never seen so beautifull selfies with a phone.

The phone has warranty so i will bring it there but wont get a new phone, they will repair it ( that what they( T-Mobile Netherland) told me through the phone.

* belief me, i am a Android-Fan and user and dislike apple ( for those who are thinking that i am bashing Android/Samsung)*

Are there more of you having problems with the S6?

Damn! No 14 day window they won't give you a new one sounds like a dud.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a Sprint s6 edge, phone appearance is flawless, screen is flawless. No issues that you've had at all, sorry you had to deal with all these problems but if you exchange it, I think your experience will be completely different with a new device.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

brushrop03

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like you have a lemon. This happens when you mass manufacturer something. I mean...when you're phone doesn't power on after setting it down for a couple of minutes...sounds like a dud. Honestly if you just bought it, you can return it to the store and get it exchanged within the return policy. I would think that would be a standard T-Mobile policy internationally, but maybe not.

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the S6 but I like the Note 4 too. My S6 is 128 gig and works flawlessly on Version. Cosmetically it is also fine. I am really liking this phone.

bbtadev

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I know how you feel. I went to Best Buy to play with both devices and it doesn't make me feel any excitement comparing to my S5 or even Note 4...

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the S6 but I like the Note 4 too. My S6 is 128 gig and works flawlessly on Version. Cosmetically it is also fine. I am really liking this phone.

Same here, but my other phone is a Note 3. I still love the Note 3, but it stays at home and is used as a tablet now (blows away my Nexus 7...).

I only got the S6 because I felt like the note was a bit too big in the pocket and I'd rather have one handed use on an every day phone.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Same here, but my other phone is a Note 3. I still love the Note 3, but it stays at home and is used as a tablet now (blows away my Nexus 7...).

I only got the S6 because I felt like the note was a bit too big in the pocket and I'd rather have one handed use on an every day phone.

Be a proper geek and put that note on a belt clip!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Plus, I don't think that the carriers even physically touch the phones... the images are loaded by the OEM when the phones are built at the factory.
I was wondering that since the S5 came out. Do you think most carriers send their finalised wotsit to the factory and they are installed there?

It would be nice if they weren't handled by the carriers as I thought that may be the reason for previous cosmetic issues.

They still have to be re-packed, branded, ear buds taken etc.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I can't remember any phone I've had coming with a sticker with the IMEI and Serial Number on the back like yours does in the last pic.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I`m more than happy with my Gold 6...beautifully crafted piece of tech.Flawless in construction,beautiful to look at,extremely fast,just love it! Still have my phabulous Note 3 too...different horses for different courses I`d say :cool:
Only minor problem with the 6 is that your fingerprints are easily visible on both front and rear but I have a Spigen clear screen/body protector on the way.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I work with someone who uses a belt clip for his phone. I didn't think there were still nerds like that. :)

Stopped using the belt clip on my Defender a couple devices ago. Informed by my teenage son that it made look like an OG. I still get a chuckle when I seen someone with a leather case clipped to their belt with certain exceptions.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I work in an enterprise IT department where there's lots of older people that use them. I guess they think it's cool?

I see people of all ages quite often wearing em. The ones that are holsters made to work with specific cases/phones don't really phase me. What makes me chuckle out loud are the guys that wear those cheap "universal" belt clips that you find at discount places or gas stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.