Galaxy S6 is Crap by a Samsung Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering that since the S5 came out. Do you think most carriers send their finalised wotsit to the factory and they are installed there?

It would be nice if they weren't handled by the carriers as I thought that may be the reason for previous cosmetic issues.

They still have to be re-packed, branded, ear buds taken etc.

Most likely loaded by the OEM at the request/approval of the carrier.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much. The only exception is apple.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Even then the carrier needs to approve the image before it's released to customers. They just don't get to say "well, put this app and that service on there for us" :p

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Most likely loaded by the OEM at the request/approval of the carrier.
So they probably arrive to the customer from the OEM without being handled carelessly by snivelling, poorly paid, carrier workers.

My imagination was running overtime of course, they may not be snivelling! ,

- and Chinese Foxconn Apple workers for example have endured atrocious conditions -

but if US carriers had to load each one, well they would be under massive time constraints - so logically, the more I think about it, that wouldn't be practical or efficient, so they must come direct from the OEM pre-loaded.

My last two devices were carrier free and factory sealed, or so it seemed, so I was feeling smug.

Can anyone with a carrier go definitive?
I'm sure it's been covered here before.

-----
^^ Covered by simultaneous posts above.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Even then the carrier needs to approve the image before it's released to customers. They just don't get to say "well, put this app and that service on there for us" :p

Of course... but that doesn't require them to open up every box and fiddle with the phones. They get some test units and they load on the latest builds from the OEM. They'll find issues, get new builds to addres, then eventually, they'll bless the build and then the OEM will create a gold image to use on the production line. The phones that you or I get will have most likely been touched last by someone at Samsung, LG, etc. and not the carrier.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Of course... but that doesn't require them to open up every box and fiddle with the phones. They get some test units and they load on the latest builds from the OEM. They'll find issues, get new builds to addres, then eventually, they'll bless the build and then the OEM will create a gold image to use on the production line. The phones that you or I get will have most likely been touched last by someone at Samsung, LG, etc. and not the carrier.

What world do you live in? Your suggestion actually makes sense and that's why they do it their way.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. Nothing I said goes against that.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
My s6 edge in gold is close to perfection. So damn beautiful and fast. Im happy as hell

Glad you're enjoying it. Gold platinum was my original choice but Best Buy didn't have the SKU so I got black sapphire which really as well. Keep us posted on how you like and if you have questions, you know where to find us.

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Glad you're enjoying it. Gold platinum was my original choice but Best Buy didn't have the SKU so I got black sapphire which really as well. Keep us posted on how you like and if you have questions, you know where to find us.

My only major bug is group play isnt available on the s6 or edge. Anyone know of an alternative. I always used this with friends and family sharing a blue ray or video etc. Looked all over the net but cant find an alternative

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
My only major bug is group play isnt available on the s6 or edge. Anyone know of an alternative. I always used this with friends and family sharing a blue ray or video etc. Looked all over the net but cant find an alternative
If that's your only bug, you are lucky. Glad to hear more new users are enjoying their new devices.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

If you like it so much try the Samsung app store called Galaxy apps. You might be able to download it. Allot of older Samsung apps are now on Sammy's play store.

Posted via the Android Central App

Peter Bilski

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Nice looking phone but unfortunately doesn't work. Drop off mobile network after few seconds. In three days I managed to make few short calls and receive a few in first day but now doesn't even register on the network longer then few seconds. Works only on Wifi. Sometimes restart spontaneously.
I should buy iPhone or Nexus this time I am afraid, but since all three Nexus 4 in our family died in the same week almost exactly 2 years after purchase I wasn't so sure about next most even expensive Nexus.
Then during charging on original charger heat terribly hot overnight !

Charles Collins

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
There are "lemons" with any phone and the chance of getting one at the start of production will be higher. I went from the Note 4 to the GS6 for largely the same reasons and couldn't be happier. I'm dealing with the cell standby battery bug but thanks to forums, I think it's fixed and will no later today for sure. Damaged goods out of the box should be replaced under warranty, good luck.

Posted via Gold 64GB Galaxy S6

gamblor77

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have to say I mostly agree with the OP, minus the cosmetic flaws and screen issues. Honestly I've had my 64gb Galaxy S6 since April and I'm very sad to say it's a laggy POS. It was great for about a month but quickly went down hill as if I had owned it for 1-2 years. I even factory reset it thinking I had some malware or something wrong but that didn't help.
And no I don't have a ton of apps running and don't have power save turned on or any battery saving apps, so there *should* be no issues.
I've had nearly all the Galaxy phones (minus the S4 and Note 4) and this S6 is actually slower than my Note 3 and battery life is HORRIBLE! You'd be lucky to get 10-12 hours of light use with maybe 3-3.5 hours SOT...under the right conditions.
Once it starts to get warm/hot...which it does after 10 mins of normal use like web browsing...the battery takes a nose dive quickly.
My gf and buddy also have the S6 and experience the exact same things, so it's not a unique case. I'm actually angry that I payed nearly $400 ON contract when it BARELY has any jump over the $0 S5. I would have honestly bought the S5/Note 4 had I known, or wait for the OnePlus Two. In fact I will be selling my S6 for the OnePlus Two in a month cause I'm so disappointed.
I should note that the camera is great and screen is nice...although I didn't notice really any difference over the 1080p Note 3 screen like I expected... and I love the touch finger print reader but that's about all the positives I have. No idea why the tech blogs or other people haven't been admitting to the things I've mentioned though, I'm very confused! :S
It's very possible I got a software update from Samsung and it crippled my phone but there hasn't been much talk about that and there don't seem to be any updates in site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000