Galaxy S6 is Crap by a Samsung Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Rogers 32gb S6 black and no hardware issues at all

Posted via the Android Central App

I have rogers 64 gb black and I have every single handers issue the he's talking about :( I have the white version before and there were no scratches under the glass in the back but when I got the black there was scratches under the glass. On the bright side I don't have the software issues that OP is talking about 😄

Posted with my shiny s6

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I moved from a Note 4 to a Galaxy S6 64 GB.
i am going to share what i have been through with this Galaxy S6.
When i opened the sealed box i discovered that the simtray was not made so perfectly(picture). At the first moment i was dissapointed, but than i was like : let me try this phone out.

I started the Galaxy S6. It loaded fast, i signed in with all my accounts. Everything seemed to be Oke. But than i saw that white was not real white in the corners at the bottom of the screen. It is pinkish and in the middle a bit yellow. it was not really an issue for me cause i am used to these problems on other devices( I have owned all the samsung S and Note series)
I was inspecting the glass at the back and i saw a scratch. i used my shirt to wipe it but than it seemed to be inside the glass. Hmmm. ( see the picture yourself)
I looked at the front glass and saw more problems, the right corner at the bottom is more inside the frame than the left corner. The left corner is in 1 line with the frame.( picture )
Than at the top : when i press on the screen , i can see the glass moving and even when pressing at the bezel side the glass moves.

I bought the S6 on the 21st of april , today the 26th of april the samsung gave more problems. The battery was more than 50 percent. i left it on the table and when i came back after 1 or 2 minutes to pick it up the phone couldnt go on anymore. I pressed and holded the power button, but no action. i tried to plug it into the the charger , nothing happened, not even the led light nor a screen that the phone is charging. I plugged in on my pc and no connection, the pc couldnt find any usb/media.

I have used all types of samsung phones, but this one is the Worst. i was so happy with my Note 4 but i saw the camera of the S6 and thats why i switched to the S6. The camera is really good and have never seen so beautifull selfies with a phone.

The phone has warranty so i will bring it there but wont get a new phone, they will repair it ( that what they( T-Mobile Netherland) told me through the phone.

* belief me, i am a Android-Fan and user and dislike apple ( for those who are thinking that i am bashing Android/Samsung)*

Are there more of you having problems with the S6?

Even though this is 2 months old I thought I would add my $. 02

Anytime you get a device that has a physical defect new from the box... refuse it there at the store, or return it the same day.

It's that simple, because if you had done so you would have been better off with a different phone.

I know of time restraints and the urge to just try it out, but this will only cause you problems latter on. I have found throughout all my years that if a product, regardless of what it is has a glaring defect then in all likelihood there will be more than you can see.

It's not worth taking the risk no matter how impatient you are to use it.

I remember my first Galaxy phone the Captivate... I went through 8 phones in the store because the early ones had a green haze issue with the screens and dead pixels. Out of 8 Captivates I got both my wife and myself each one and both are still working perfectly fine today, and both are rooted and have all the tweaks available to them running Slim Rom.

It pays to be diligent and to be assertive in the store without being rude.

If you walk out of the store it's yours... that's something to remember no matter what carrier you are on.

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

jag6510

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I moved from a Note 4 to a Galaxy S6 64 GB.
i am going to share what i have been through with this Galaxy S6.
When i opened the sealed box i discovered that the simtray was not made so perfectly(picture). At the first moment i was dissapointed, but than i was like : let me try this phone out.

I started the Galaxy S6. It loaded fast, i signed in with all my accounts. Everything seemed to be Oke. But than i saw that white was not real white in the corners at the bottom of the screen. It is pinkish and in the middle a bit yellow. it was not really an issue for me cause i am used to these problems on other devices( I have owned all the samsung S and Note series)
I was inspecting the glass at the back and i saw a scratch. i used my shirt to wipe it but than it seemed to be inside the glass. Hmmm. ( see the picture yourself)
I looked at the front glass and saw more problems, the right corner at the bottom is more inside the frame than the left corner. The left corner is in 1 line with the frame.( picture )
Than at the top : when i press on the screen , i can see the glass moving and even when pressing at the bezel side the glass moves.

I bought the S6 on the 21st of april , today the 26th of april the samsung gave more problems. The battery was more than 50 percent. i left it on the table and when i came back after 1 or 2 minutes to pick it up the phone couldnt go on anymore. I pressed and holded the power button, but no action. i tried to plug it into the the charger , nothing happened, not even the led light nor a screen that the phone is charging. I plugged in on my pc and no connection, the pc couldnt find any usb/media.

I have used all types of samsung phones, but this one is the Worst. i was so happy with my Note 4 but i saw the camera of the S6 and thats why i switched to the S6. The camera is really good and have never seen so beautifull selfies with a phone.

The phone has warranty so i will bring it there but wont get a new phone, they will repair it ( that what they( T-Mobile Netherland) told me through the phone.

* belief me, i am a Android-Fan and user and dislike apple ( for those who are thinking that i am bashing Android/Samsung)*

Are there more of you having problems with the S6?
I think the S6 is the worst phone u have had I years. the Internet is horrible at best, super slow on wifi. I have to reset my phone many times during the day to get the Internet to work. Samsung should pay me to have this piece of junk. about the only thing good I can say about this phone is the camera , other then that the phone is horrible. can't wait to get rid of it. key board is the worst I've ever had , it's slow, the wifi is a nightmare... (should not have to restart your wifi and phone 19 times a day to get it to work) . seriously what is all the craze about the s6 I hate it....

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you unfortunately got a lemon, OP.

It is extremely frustrating when it happens, I got a lemon of a phone before I knew much about phones years ago and just thought that's how the phone worked.

I'd suggest try getting the repairs phone and seeing how you like it. If you still don't like it then yeah, get a different phone.

Android366

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Hey
I to had the same problem with my s6 . Was disappointed as soon i opened the box. I loved the s5 and decided to upgrade but highy regret it. So my mate had a htc one m7 since it came out and never gave him one problem . I decided to give htc a chance even no i didnt really like them . I brought the one m9 and havnt looked back sunce it might not pack as much features as the s6 but is sertantly better . I knew the camera wasnt great by the review but is still much better than my s5 . Reviews showed issues about device heating up but never actuelly had this problem . Some might disagree but just trying to give a helping hand :)
Thanks

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
You guys a re acting like the note 4 doesn't have its own issues trust me it does. Samsung needs to lose touchwiz I think that's the biggest issue overall. If htc made a damn competitor to the s6 i assume a lot would be on that.

leebut

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like most of these problems are from people on tmobile. Perhaps it's something they are doing when they add their stuff and handle the phones. My Verizon s6 edge is the most beautiful smartphone I've seen.

Hang on. How can they sell them as new if they have been operated after being supplied from the manufacturer? Surely, if they use the device for any reason it is a used device and should be sold at a discount.

emperor11

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I almost never post anything, but i felf an urge to post something now. My S6 edge is the worst phone i've had. Battery cant last more than a couple of hours fully charged with regular usage and bluetooth is a joke (wont connect to a car sistem that workes fine with several other new phones).
Thats my experience with this phone ...

EdwardSmith36

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
It's so sad to hear this from you, being a great fan of samsung made you so disappointed! Well, you may shift to IOS I guess. Try it ones and experience something new.

cfidel

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I too have recently got the S6 Edge and for me it's the camera. The quality when there is any type of movement in the picture is terrible. I have 2 kids who never sit still. I have had 3 phones whereby there have all been faults and I am starting to think that I am expecting too much from the camera. It would be good to hear the opinions of anyone else with the phone and how the camera operates for you. If you too have blurry pictures or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos