Galaxy Tab 3 7" - Is it a good tablet????

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Sprint Version

Purchase Price
$0.00

Activation Fee
$0.00

Monthly Plan
$5.00 / 50mb
or
$10.00 / 100mb
or
$14.99 / 1GB
or
$34.99 / 3GB
or
$49.99 / 6GB
or
$79.99 / 12GB

Holiday Promo
$15.00 / 2GB

:)

Last edited:

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Its not 50?

Posted via Android Central App
When I picked up 2 of them (Sprint Corp store) I told them I heard they were free. This was near the holidays, I almost forgot to ask them to waive the activation fees but they said no problem. I was never charged anything on my bill. But it appears the $15.00 / 2GB data plan is gone?

I'd ask for the same deal I got that was available near the holidays, all they can say is no.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Dang! So it got so popular that the 2GB/$15 is gone now? That sucks!

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
I can't find it anymore but did find the $5.00 / 25mb plan.

Sprint Version

Purchase Price
$0.00

Activation Fee
$0.00

Monthly Plan
$5.00 / 50mb
or
$10.00 / 100mb
or
$14.99 / 1GB
or
$34.99 / 3GB
or
$49.99 / 6GB
or
$79.99 / 12GB

Holiday Promo
$15.00 / 2GB

:)

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
541rrhse: you missed a couple things. The LTE benches miles above the wifi, often closer to double performance or better. It has Infrared, Multi Window, app2sd and I think I heard the wifi does not have Smart Stay?

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's just a placeholder or 'idler' plan to recoupe a little money. Call it a convenience to the consumer, like car insurance that lets you pause coverage on your convertible over the winter. The $10 plan is the garbage one, waaay too little data for the money. If it was even 250MB some people would be at least able to use Opera Mini to good effect.

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hell to the yea! 😆
That was my plan since I also got it for free.
However, after tasting the benefits of the 2GB plan, it's worth the $15/month.

I put my data back at the 2 gig plan and my tablet makes a kick *** GPS using Google Maps.

On a recent business trip, I used my tablet for a remote control at the hotel (remote in room didn't work), GPS, and boarded my plane with Google now. Not too bad for a budget tab.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Dang! So it got so popular that the 2GB/$15 is gone now? That sucks!

Not necessarily true, I called Sprint support and I asked if I could go back to the 2gig / $15 plan when I first signed up and they put me back on it.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it's just a placeholder or 'idler' plan to recoupe a little money. Call it a convenience to the consumer, like car insurance that lets you pause coverage on your convertible over the winter. The $10 plan is the garbage one, waaay too little data for the money. If it was even 250MB some people would be at least able to use Opera Mini to good effect.

That's true! :mad:

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I put my data back at the 2 gig plan and my tablet makes a kick *** GPS using Google Maps.

On a recent business trip, I used my tablet for a remote control at the hotel (remote in room didn't work), GPS, and boarded my plane with Google now. Not too bad for a budget tab.

Yes, this little tablet has proven to be very efficient.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Not necessarily true, I called Sprint support and I asked if I could go back to the 2gig / $15 plan when I first signed up and they put me back on it.

Because you already had it before, I think. But is good to know you can get it back.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

This is awesome. I do the same thing. I have the iGrip Windshield mount and it works for my Tab 3 and my BlackBerry PlayBook great. Use Google Maps all the time for my side job of delivering pizza. :)

Sent from my Sprint Tab 3

ungibbed

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the WiFi model of the 7" Tab 3. I bought this on a whim and also to keep up with the world of Android devices. Surely this tablet isn't the best choice for the gamer in mind but I do like Samsung products and for this model sporting a rather low resolution LCD display, it still manages to look quite nice and I've seen much worse in this price segment.

Battery life is much better than I ever expected it to be as well as graphic performance on games that work with the GPU found on the WiFi only model. The most demanding game I loaded on it was Shadowgun and when the power saving toggle off, it did perform okay but not what would expect for a current shipping model. Low end model or not, it does perform better than my old Galaxy Nexus and a few other devices I have laying around.

Gaming though is not what this device is meant for other than a good round of Bejeweled. As a PIM device, Samsung has most of all the right things in place and that is exactly what I needed. Carrying my iPad around gets a bit awkward and always fearing I'm going to drop and break the thing. The 7" Tab 3 has been perfect for me and I love it despite the somewhat awkward and obsolete hardware inside and same resolution as the BlackBerry PlayBook. The rear camera should have gotten an upgrade over the Tab 2 and missing the floating accessories in the software on the Tab 2 is also a curious step backward.

Overall though, I feel this is a fantastic choice for anyone looking for a basic tablet for couch surfing (even with the IR blaster in most models) and those simply wanting a quality brand name tablet on a budget and not set on getting an iPad which is far more costly than this little guy.

If I had to rate this from a 1 to 10, this 7" Samsung Tab 3 is a solid 7.

Brand name hardware at a great price of many generics still running ICS or even older releases of Android. Accessories are a bit spendy but the ability to expand the storage to 64GB and nice build quality for under two bills makes this a awesome deal if you're not looking strictly for a gaming device.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 3 via tin cans and string.

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up one of these today from Sprint. Wifey was switching her plan to a framily plan and they offered this for free. How could I pass it up? Went with the $15 a month 1gb plan, why not plus the store said it was the only plan I could get (which I knew was bs) but whatever. I did get charged the $36 activation fee which I could not get waived when I called CS. Oh and I got the Otterbox just for piece of mind. So far im really liking this thing. Not as quick and spwwdy as my Note 3 but not bad for FREE!!! The rep said this is only going on for a few more days so if anyone is on the fence about getting one you may want to act now. Im happy with this. ....

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ffbbtopnhacai