Gboard is slightly different on phone and tablet?

John Mcgarry

Oct 1, 2022
Visit site
I'm trying to get the phone gboard onto my tablet (Nokia T10) as I like the search/enter button being bottom right and only having one shift key. How can I do this? Both phone and tablet say they are running the same version of gboard on android 12

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I made you the owner of the original guest post to make it easier for you to find.

I don't believe there's a way to change that. If you toggle the floating keyboard option, then the layout becomes like the phone interface, but the keyboard also shrinks in size, so I assume that's not what you're looking for.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I made you the owner of the original guest post to make it easier for you to find.

I don't believe there's a way to change that. If you toggle the floating keyboard option, then the layout becomes like the phone interface, but the keyboard also shrinks in size, so I assume that's not what you're looking for.
I use the floating keyboard on my tablet because I swipe type, and it is slower and more difficult to swipe type on the large tablet keyboard. However, I realize that not everyone likes the smaller floating keyboard.