Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

xx_bishop_xx

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
For the folks who would have preferred to receive the bluetooth version of the Gear S2; what are you expecting to do with your cellular version of the Gear S2? From what I understand folks are getting the 3G version which is considerably larger on a couple different levels. Just curious.

jdouglas22

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Why not keep the 3g? From what I've read it had a slightly bigger screen and battery. You could in theory not use 3g, or GPS and enjoy using a bigger battery which was to accommodate for 3g use. Which would result in more days without charging.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
They do however give you that little verizon card asking you to activate your gear for $5 a month though. I'm obviously not conveyed that they'll honor what she said but I will definitely try. In my opinion the classic version is more the style I'd wear, so I'll either trade up it they let me or pick up a Bluetooth classic and sell the 3g s2

Posted via the Android Central App

What are you going to do with 4G vs 3G on a watch with a screen so small that even thinking about typing on it gives me a headache. I am a long time Gear S user and 3G is all that I need to make calls. The S2 regular looks a bit fenimim imo..... I like the Classic and would trade my 2 (soon to arrive) S2's for 1 Classic if anyone is a taker :)

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
For the folks who would have preferred to receive the bluetooth version of the Gear S2; what are you expecting to do with your cellular version of the Gear S2? From what I understand folks are getting the 3G version which is considerably larger on a couple different levels. Just curious.

Er... make TeLE Fone Calls -

xx_bishop_xx

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Why not keep the 3g? From what I've read it had a slightly bigger screen and battery. You could in theory not use 3g, or GPS and enjoy using a bigger battery which was to accommodate for 3g use. Which would result in more days without charging.

For me, it's basically aesthetics that I prefer. I'm sure they're both great but I just lean toward the slimmer profile. I am aware that this is a free promotional item, of course. It was just a surprise to me that it would be the 3G model. Then after thinking about it...it is a promo from a communications company and they will probably make some money on service...so now it makes sense-ish.

jdouglas22

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Fedex has it at shipping label made and that's it. It's been like that since Saturday with a delivery date for tomorrow. What's going on here?!

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
How do i pull that off if i didnt buy the S2 at either store? Would we receive full credit?

A lot of stores don't accept returns without a receipt any longer. Best Buy is the only local store around here that sells both the Verizon model and the normal one. Doubtful they will accept let you exchange it out.

giannifiore7

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Those of you getting emails and tracking info either day of or day before arrival of your S2, did that Samsung promo page ever update from "Shipping Date Estimate: Pending"?

Polen

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Those of you getting emails and tracking info either day of or day before arrival of your S2, did that Samsung promo page ever update from "Shipping Date Estimate: Pending"?

Some yes, some no, some even got tracking number after they received S2 or VR. You cannot trust the promo site.

Dubzgb

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I would want the 3g version, to be able to take phone calls on the watch, have a built in speaker, plus the gps for the navi golf app. I actually ordered a s2 classic off ebay last week knowing I was gonna sell the regular gear s2 cause I like the classic design more. I thought it was the bluetooth model but it came today and its actually the att 3g version with sim card. So I have the speaker and can do calls through the watch via bluetooth, but I was super stoked...I dont think the seller really knew what he had cause I only paid $180 for it:)

Dubzgb

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
What are you going to do with 4G vs 3G on a watch with a screen so small that even thinking about typing on it gives me a headache. I am a long time Gear S user and 3G is all that I need to make calls. The S2 regular looks a bit fenimim imo..... I like the Classic and would trade my 2 (soon to arrive) S2's for 1 Classic if anyone is a taker :)

I would want the 3g version, to be able to take phone calls on the watch, have a built in speaker, plus the gps for the navi golf app. I actually ordered a s2 classic off ebay last week knowing I was gonna sell the regular gear s2 cause I like the classic design more. I thought it was the bluetooth model but it came today and its actually the att 3g version with sim card. So I have the speaker and can do calls through the watch via bluetooth, but I was super stoked...I dont think the seller really knew what he had cause I only paid $180 for it:)

Ebaneeezor

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my email 3/31 - says Gears S2 is estimated to be shipped 4/8. Here is the exact email

Congratulations! Your submission has been approved. We will ship your
Samsung Gear S2 to the mailing address you provided when registering
for this Offer. Your estimated shipping date is April 8, 2016.

Once shipped, we will send you an email with your tracking number.

*Update*
Got a shipping email 4/4/2016 stating that my S2 was shipped. when checking the fed-ex tracking site, i see the email was late, as it shipped on 4/1 and is scheduled to be delivered via Fed-Ex 4/5/2016 - should note that I submitted my claim the day I got the phone, which was 3/9

Last edited:

jdubb2345

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure of this has been answered yet. Has anyone that submitted claim for the S2 on or after 3/11 received shipping info or received their watch yet. Just curious. I contacted prize logic and the responded with " give it a few more days " until shipping info is uploaded. My submission was approved on 3/24 and I have had the same shipping date pending for almost 2 weeks now. Nothing in FedEx manager either.

fbebbs

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure of this has been answered yet. Has anyone that submitted claim for the S2 on or after 3/11 received shipping info or received their watch yet. Just curious. I contacted prize logic and the responded with " give it a few more days " until shipping info is uploaded. My submission was approved on 3/24 and I have had the same shipping date pending for almost 2 weeks now. Nothing in FedEx manager either.

Submitted 3/11 and mine is still pending. When I contacted Prize logic they told me it's approved samsung just needs to put me in fullfillment status.