Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
This whole thing is just a giant example of why you shouldn't spout BS. You just can't make up the lies fast enough after a certain point. It really isn't that hard to coordinate computer systems so that you could actually have a status website that says something meaningful. Especially when all your stupid company does is run promotions. FedEx, for example, has been providing me with nice little updates on the shipping status now (shocking, I know), and hopefully this whole saga is coming to an end for me tomorrow. Best of luck to the rest of you.

btw, tracking on the website is showing for me and I submitted right after the S2 went back up, like 3/18 I think. I was super pissed from the start because I went to submit right after they showed the S2 as out of stock, and called to see what could be done. (Should have recognized the bs there in hindsight, since I got like 10 different answers to what was happening) Definitely, buying into the top of the heap theory for you early guys, errr... gender neutral group of humans.

crice_01

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
That's what mine said: 1.6lbs and we got 2 Gear S2.

I tried to return mine and get the Gears S2 classic, and the lady at the Verizon store said they could not find any official documentation on my S2. I made a joke about it being Russian black market and she shrugged and said there was nothing Verizon could do.

Well, it works just fine. I just really wanted the standard watch band.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Well, it works just fine. I just really wanted the standard watch band.
I had called Verizon early on to ask if I could swap & pay the difference. First Rep said Yes. Second Rep said No & said that these S2s are coming from Samsung & not from Verizon & are different. Didn't make much sense at the time & I was focused on why my watch wasn't arriving. I'm going to order the adapter (I added the link on pg 135). It gets me the band(s) I wanted & for less than the upgrade. If I just had my Gear S2s, I'd be all set...

mrose5809

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Well it is official, I will NEVER get my two watches :(

Original 3/11 submitter who has been stuck in the "Pending Shipping" status since end of March. My kicker is I move next week and thus will never received my watches. I have called PL numerous times and they refuse to edit the shipping address - thus, watches will never be delivered. Their solutions were:

- Set up forwarding on your mail through USPS: Which I did, however I found out that FedEx won't abide by that they will ship to the address on the label. When I told that to PL then then said (this is the best one)...
- After you move, keep an eye on the tracking and when it is supposed to be delivered just go to your old address and take it off the porch. If it isn't there then file a police report stating that it is stolen! WHAT!!! Not only is that logistically not possible for me because of the distance, work, etc. it is just morally wrong.

When I complained to PL they said it is my fault I didn't put my new address in. I explained that when I submitted on 3/11 I expected delivery in 6 weeks so I put my current address in as I wasn't moving till mid-June, which was 14 weeks away. PL admitted that the T&C were updated 2 weeks after I submitted and I should have put my new address in (even though that makes no sense). I have called and called PL to no avail - I even had been 'escalated to their tier 2' three times but never once heard back from them.

I also reached out to Samsung and VZW and reached dead ends with them. So it looks like my journey has come to and end, time to face reality in that I got screwed out of $600 worth of merchandise and will never get my watches. Best of luck to the rest of you.

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site

Original 3/11 submitter who has been stuck in the "Pending Shipping" status since end of March. My kicker is I move next week and thus will never received my watches. I have called PL numerous times and they refuse to edit the shipping address - thus, watches will never be delivered. Their solutions were:

- Set up forwarding on your mail through USPS: Which I did, however I found out that FedEx won't abide by that they will ship to the address on the label. When I told that to PL then then said (this is the best one)...
- After you move, keep an eye on the tracking and when it is supposed to be delivered just go to your old address and take it off the porch. If it isn't there then file a police report stating that it is stolen! WHAT!!! Not only is that logistically not possible for me because of the distance, work, etc. it is just morally wrong.

When I complained to PL they said it is my fault I didn't put my new address in. I explained that when I submitted on 3/11 I expected delivery in 6 weeks so I put my current address in as I wasn't moving till mid-June, which was 14 weeks away. PL admitted that the T&C were updated 2 weeks after I submitted and I should have put my new address in (even though that makes no sense). I have called and called PL to no avail - I even had been 'escalated to their tier 2' three times but never once heard back from them.

I also reached out to Samsung and VZW and reached dead ends with them. So it looks like my journey has come to and end, time to face reality in that I got screwed out of $600 worth of merchandise and will never get my watches. Best of luck to the rest of you.

So something sort of like this happened to someone I know...When you see the tracking info call Fed Ex and ask them to please hole it at their Fed Ex Office, explain that you moved but do have ID with that address and proof that you moved and they should hold it for you in one of their plants. You can try calling Fed Ex now to discuss it, ask for a supervisor.

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
So according to my Fed Ex label I am suppose to receive delivery today except it is still only in the inititated stage and has had no movement. I guess I will not be seeing them today. I hope they just didn't make a label to shut me up after I told Verizon they did not have to send me the watches themselves....lol.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Just received a phone call from PrizeLogic today (Michigan number), and told me that tracking information will be available by end of day tomorrow and that my S2 should be here next week.

Submitted 3/21
Approved on 3/23, 4/27, and 5/18. Still don't understand why I was approved three times.

So, I guess they're just not even going to TRY and correct their FIFO problem then... Maybe they reached the point of "we f***ed this up so bad just give them all watches but just ship them whenever since FIFO doesn't matter anymore on inventory"....

cpoll2050

May 17, 2016
Visit site
I finally got my VR yesterday, and I have a shipping label created for a 1.6 pound package that is supposed to be delivered on Saturday. That should be my two watches, so I guess this saga is finally coming to an end for me. I submitted on 3/8 and was approved on 4/6, so I guess they are finally getting around to the early submissions.

Vaper123

May 18, 2016
Visit site
If you are able to track when they will have a label for you, then you can call fedex and have them keep it at the distribution center. You will have to go there to pick it up but it might work out for you.

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site

If you are able to track when they will have a label for you, then you can call fedex and have them keep it at the distribution center. You will have to go there to pick it up but it might work out for you. Posted by someone else.
If you have not already signed up for fedex manager do so and call them as soon as you have a tracking number and work through them, forget the other 3 S/V/PL. Good luck to you, keep hope alive.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
So according to my Fed Ex label I am suppose to receive delivery today except it is still only in the inititated stage and has had no movement. I guess I will not be seeing them today. I hope they just didn't make a label to shut me up after I told Verizon they did not have to send me the watches themselves....lol.

If I where you, I'd get in contact with Verizon again and get those watches directly, like go to a store (try to make it a non franchise store) and get it. People on this forum have languished for weeks with a label created without watches.

(go to a store to get it to make more paperwork, this is an asymmetrical conflict, death of a thousand paper cuts stratagem)

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
If you are able to track when they will have a label for you, then you can call fedex and have them keep it at the distribution center. You will have to go there to pick it up but it might work out for you. Posted by someone else.
If you have not already signed up for fedex manager do so and call them as soon as you have a tracking number and work through them, forget the other 3 S/V/PL. Good luck to you, keep hope alive.

this will work, I had to do the same thing, fedex would not let me change the address but would hold it at center for me to pick up, luckily i didn't move far so this was an option, but even though i already had signed up for FDM i couldn't just change the delivery address on this package, was told they had instructions not to allow address changes, but they were fine with me picking it up

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
this will work, I had to do the same thing, fedex would not let me change the address but would hold it at center for me to pick up, luckily i didn't move far so this was an option, but even though i already had signed up for FDM i couldn't just change the delivery address on this package, was told they had instructions not to allow address changes, but they were fine with me picking it up

+1

I have done this for other shipments as well.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
+1

I have done this for other shipments as well.

I do this for nearly every FedEx package I have coming because inevitably they show up between 8 and 5 (while I'm at work) requiring a signature... UPS always shows up in the evening so I don't have that problem with them.

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Well my watch showed up yesterday. 6/09/2016. No FDM update (Even though its been on route 6 days) and the Samsung subscription page updated this morning with a Routing Number. Oie.

6/09/2016 - Thursday
1:19 pm Delivered Northern CA

Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.

7:12 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery Northern CA

6:33 am At local FedEx facility Northern CA

4:39 am Departed FedEx location Northern CA

6/08/2016 - Wednesday
11:16 pm Arrived at FedEx location Northern CA

6/06/2016 - Monday
8:35 am Departed FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN

6/05/2016 - Sunday
4:23 pm Arrived at FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN

12:00 am Picked up ZIONSVILLE, IN

6/03/2016 - Friday
12:35 am Shipment information sent to FedEx

Well my drama is done. I will keep tabs on this page just to see how it progresses. Took 83 days from Submission to S2 being on my wrist. There is hope...still wrong that my (submitted on the 18th) got my watch before the really early subscribers. Bleh. Good Luck Guys.

(updated the spreadsheet)

Last edited:

tadams8808

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
Newbie here!

On June 1st I purchased a Note 5 with the BOGO offer at Tmobile and they also had the Samsung Fathers Day promo for a free Gear VR, therefore qualifying me for 2 VR's.

The same day I picked up the phones in the store I went online and submitted the claim form for Samsung.
Just checked today on the status today and says:
Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment.

for both.. Hopefully this is good news? I've been checking the status almost everyday after coming across this post and dont want to be stick waiting months for this thing!

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Newbie here!

On June 1st I purchased a Note 5 with the BOGO offer at Tmobile and they also had the Samsung Fathers Day promo for a free Gear VR, therefore qualifying me for 2 VR's.

The same day I picked up the phones in the store I went online and submitted the claim form for Samsung.
Just checked today on the status today and says:
Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment.

for both.. Hopefully this is good news? I've been checking the status almost everyday after coming across this post and dont want to be stick waiting months for this thing!

Anybody else read this and think to themselves "Poor thing... So innocent... Has no idea..."? lol

Best of luck to you buddy. I hope you don't have to wait as long as all of us who have been waiting since the phone was RELEASED for their gifts... It may not be here for Father's Day but there's always Christmas! :D

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Anybody else read this and think to themselves "Poor thing... So innocent... Has no idea..."? lol

Best of luck to you buddy. I hope you don't have to wait as long as all of us who have been waiting since the phone was RELEASED for their gifts... It may not be here for Father's Day but there's always Christmas! :D

He may have better luck getting his sooner than other people who are waiting on this thread. They probably reserved a batch of VR's for this promotion.

Seeing how this promotion was run in the past, that could be expecting too much though. Haha. I agree with you, good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buchenzo