Gingerbread and GPS

fwarchol

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong, but when the GB update came through, one of the neat features was that GPS would automatically turn on when it was needed and then shut off when done. I needed to restart my phone today and I now see that this feature is not working and that I manually had to turn on the GPS for its use.

Does this sound familiar to anyone or have I had too much to drink?

Stock EVO.....

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The way it works for me running CyanogenMod 7.0.3.1 ROM (which is Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread), I leave the GPS turned on in my settings, but when it isn't in use, the icon isn't even in the notification bar. When I turn on Google Maps or some other location based service, it shows up and the GPS antenna is on and working.

So, as long as HTC left that part alone, just leave your GPS on in the settings and the phone will turn it on when needed. If you turn it off in the settings, the phone should not be able to turn it on.

fwarchol

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
That's the weird part that I cannot figure out. The icon used to show the slash through it even though I had enabled it (and turned on wehna an app called for it). Now that I enable it, it just stays on completely and no slash......

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe