Gingerbread on June 30th

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Look people, has Verizon ever let us down? I think NOT! Big red will come through for us all. There will be a nice little OS update just waiting for us when we wake up tomorrow. Making you all so giddy that we will be writing thank you letters. It's going to be like Christmas when we were 5 all over again. I can't wait, got my milk and cookies all ready.

I think that we all need to remember that target dates are just that target dates and sometimes they miss the target date by a few days and sometimes these targets are at the mercy of technical acceptance (like the one for the MR2 update that never pushed), which is why that information isn't generally intended to be given to customers.

Just because it is not on the site yet does not mean it isn't coming, I've only see the stuff show up on the site ahead of time about half the time.

You're right they wont let us down, we will get an update WHEN IT IS READY :)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Claims he can't talk about the tiered plans...........hmmmmm It has been announced on the news this is happening so to say they can't talk about them is really annoying........Verizon needs to talk since they are doing the walk on this. I am not happy about it and have emailed my opinion. They only care about their bottom line........and with that said,..............might be saying hello Sprint !

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Claims he can't talk about the tiered plans...........hmmmmm It has been announced on the news this is happening so to say they can't talk about them is really annoying........Verizon needs to talk since they are doing the walk on this. I am not happy about it and have emailed my opinion. They only care about their bottom line........and with that said,..............might be saying hello Sprint !

If you are already on Verizon you get to keep unlimited, so why do you care about the tiered plans???

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

I used to work for AT&T, and we were not allowed to disclose any information to the public until we were given the OK, even if the leaked info is accurate. Verizon will bring it up, when they're ready. Also, as someone else said, if you have unlimited data, you have nothing to be concerned about.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
If you are already on Verizon you get to keep unlimited, so why do you care about the tiered plans???

I think the concern for a lot of folks is that it appears VZW is using the free hotspot promotion to screw a LOT of us out of the unlimited plans. Unless more information comes out that says otherwise, you will have to give up the unlimited plan in order to add the mobile hotspot. Either that or root.

Personally, I don't use enough data to be concerned about this, but I'm really PO'd based on principle. The way VZW is doing business these days with handling the data packages, hotspots, etc., and not being at least somewhat open and honest with their customers, is pretty underhanded to say the least. If it weren't for their coverage, the TB, and the fact that I doubt the grass is greener anywhere else, I would tell them to take our two lines and phones and shove them.

The_Engine

Super Genius
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so last night I got a prompt to upgrade the My Verizon app that was on the leaked MR2. When I opened the market it threw an error saying it was a bad link. I tried a second time and the app would not let me login saying the service was unavailable. I then checked for an OTA and it loaded for a looooong time and then said the service was unavailable. Not no new software, but that the OTA process was down. Several minutes later the app and OTA both worked.

This morning the OTA check failed as well and few minutes later it worked and said no new software.

So either my bolt is having connection issues or something may be up.

Also just got an IMDB app upgrade that said it resolves HTC upgrade issues. Kind of generic but could refer to GB on the bolt.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Verizon Wireless corporate store in Jacksonville FL yesterday June 24th. My wife got the Charge. I was talking to my guy there and he told me he couldnt officially say anything about the tiered data plans... but he hinted it was coming. He also mentioned to me after looking around that the 2.3 update for the thunderbolt was going to be rolling out on June 30th. We were talking about rooting the thunderbolt and he said he was waiting until after that date. What have you guys heard?

My mailman said the GB update won't be here on Thursday.
My dog said it would.

I'm conflicted as to whom to believe.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
It just doesn't matter anymore for me... I rooted my phone last weekend and flashed BAMF 3.0 RC3 ROM... that's Gingerbread with Sense 3.0 for those that don't know... unfortunately when Gingerbread does come to the Thunderbolt officially it will not come with Sense 3.0.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
It should come within the next two weeks. Thunderbolt new owners, after July 7th, need my Verizon application to see their capped usage when unlimited is gone.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt.

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
It should come within the next two weeks. Thunderbolt new owners, after July 7th, need my Verizon application to see their capped usage when unlimited is gone.

This is actually an exceptionally good point. They would get a ridiculous amount of complaints if they start charging for data without unlimited plan options and do not allow users to see what they are using on their handset.

EricWiz

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I think this is the best reason yet for thinking the update will happen on the 6th or 7th. They could push the update, kill the current hotspot functionality and add the my verizon app officially for the new tiered plans.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hackemail