Gingerbread on June 30th

The_Engine

Super Genius
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If you are willing to root now, why not try the leaked MR2 update first? Its very easy to install and has had very good results from what i've seen. If that doesn't fix your issues, then you can go the more difficult rooting route.

Agreed the leaked MR2 was fairly easy to install. But I am really starting to want Netflix.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If you are willing to root now, why not try the leaked MR2 update first? Its very easy to install and has had very good results from what i've seen. If that doesn't fix your issues, then you can go the more difficult rooting route.
If all you want is MR2, you don't even need to root.

Thanks, Robrecht

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Rooting is only the first step, then you will need to flash a GB ROM that is compatible with Netflix.

Thanks, Robrecht

I've got too many DIY projects going on right now, I don't need another one. I miss the days when you bought a cell phone, charged it up and used it a week before recharging ------ DAMN THESE SMART PHONES!!! Nobody told me "I" had to be smart to get it to work!!!

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I've got too many DIY projects going on right now, I don't need another one. I miss the days when you bought a cell phone, charged it up and used it a week before recharging ------ DAMN THESE SMART PHONES!!! Nobody told me "I" had to be smart to get it to work!!!

Sad thing is, my 6 year old grandson figures them out immediately....sigh.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, me too, plus I can't accept the irony of voiding my warranty to get a working phone. Luckily, my phone works great as is and I don't want to introduce little glitches with alpha builds of Gingerbread just for a working version of Netflix on a 4.3" screen.

Thanks, Robrecht

Reactions: soccerfon711

inthruoutdoor

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I as well. But I have no faith in getting it by midnight.

Transmitted through 4G via Thunderbolt

Agreed - if it hasnt happened yet, it's not happening in Q2. However, I called verizon to ask about the update's status and to complain about it (again) and they hooked me up with a free month of service. Not an incedible benefit, but I am not going to complain about a $60 credit! Now, how to finagle a free one of those extended batteries like I have read about people doing on the forums here....

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Agreed - if it hasnt happened yet, it's not happening in Q2. However, I called verizon to ask about the update's status and to complain about it (again) and they hooked me up with a free month of service. Not an incedible benefit, but I am not going to complain about a $60 credit! Now, how to finagle a free one of those extended batteries like I have read about people doing on the forums here....

Ok, we all need to go and call! We want our $ 60.00 + credit too.

The_Engine

Super Genius
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I would expect more leaks by now. There was what? 1 GB leak? I would expect if they were really testing it would be in a lot of hands and we would see leaks.

PokermanDMF

May 4, 2011
Visit site
So now Skype has an advertisement with the thunderbolt using video chat. Maybe they have BAMF on it....

Transmitted through 4G via Thunderbolt

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Verizon Wireless corporate store in Jacksonville FL yesterday June 24th. My wife got the Charge. I was talking to my guy there and he told me he couldnt officially say anything about the tiered data plans... but he hinted it was coming. He also mentioned to me after looking around that the 2.3 update for the thunderbolt was going to be rolling out on June 30th.

looks like Verizon rolled a gutter ball, and we are waiting for the pins to reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000