Gingeritis 3D 1.07 is out and awesome!!!!!

orgelbau

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Fantastic battery life... Especially with the Rezound 1620 mAh under the hood. This ROM with Ziggy's latest really gives me the best battery life I've ever seen on my Bolt. With a "stock" battery, that is.

KenDroid

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
+1

Was recently on BAMF Cubed 1.0.9 and Forever 10 and now I'm becoming a big fan of G3D! I flashed Ziggy's new kernel too and my stock battery is lasting me pretty good with moderate use(17-18hrs) and I'm just on my second drain(calibration). I'm also not even tempted to use LPP because I love the smoothness of G3D.

Question: My settings for the new Ziggy without being changed after flashing are 1.037/245, Gov is Lagfree, and I/O is Deadline. Has anybody tried changing up the settings and getting better results than with the kernel settings unaltered with this ROM?

orgelbau

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I have had success making the ROM faster by OC to 1.4 GHz. Batt life at this speed seems about equal to BAMF Forever 1.10 at stock speed but with no hint of lag. I also tried conserving the juice by backing off the max speed and switching to the Smartass gov. Things got a tiny bit choppy.

So, I've played with the settings a bit and haven't found a better performance / battery life balance than Ziggy's defaults. I'm sure that I will try some more...

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if these battery stats really matter that much. I could run any ROM with a bigger battery and still wouldn't get that kind of battery life with the way I use my phone.

IntheStorm

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,
So I would like to apologize if the question and answer were already said. Its 4:30AM and I have to head to work soon.

Anyone else get random reboots and when it reboots it turns all the apps on your page into the same "android market app" look / avatar? It even resets my live wall paper. Has this been addressed.

Also skimming the last page or two. When you downloaded the latest 1.07, did that come with the kernel or is that something separate I need to get? I am not sure if i got it or not.

Thanks again....off to work.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
As specifically as possible (and knowing I don't care about beats) can someone tell me why I might prefer this rom to forever 1.0.9?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
your still in .9 ? lol

No, I'm in forever 1.11 but it is infamous for being laggy. I wanted to compare to 1.09 so that wouldn't be the primary comparison mentioned. I'm more interested in which mods or options in this rom might make me prefer it to forever. I never listen to music so I wanted to eliminate that as a criterion as well.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
No, I'm in forever 1.11 but it is infamous for being laggy. I wanted to compare to 1.09 so that wouldn't be the primary comparison mentioned. I'm more interested in which mods or options in this rom might make me prefer it to forever. I never listen to music so I wanted to eliminate that as a criterion as well.

if its laggy just load ziggys kernel

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
As specifically as possible (and knowing I don't care about beats) can someone tell me why I might prefer this rom to forever 1.0.9?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Runs better and smoother for me... BAMF is a incredible rom but I like what this rom offers.. After I got mine all set I haven't seen any issues..

Also I love the screen rotation animation from Sense 3.5 on this rom, I know its a little thing but each has there likes and dislikes and after I added my own preferred transitions Im all good.

Here's my modified build...

V2%20Refined.gif

Reactions: recDNA

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there a real fix for the call answer bug yet? I got so sick of this bug on this and other Sense 3.x roms that I'm actually running a debloated stock rom right now, but I'm dying to go back.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

"I went back to Sense when I realized how much work I was putting into making AOSP look like Sense."