Gingersnap Root Utility (one-click ROOT!!!) Multi-Platform

hiram114

May 22, 2011
Visit site
does this one work for optimus c as well ? with current drivers ? im sorry for asking so many questions that possibly are repititious but i wanna be sure i downloaded the microsoft programs cliked usb mass storage enable on phone

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
does this one work for optimus c as well ? with current drivers ? im sorry for asking so many questions that possibly are repititious but i wanna be sure i downloaded the microsoft programs cliked usb mass storage enable on phone

There is a dedicated Gingersnap thread in the Optimus C subforum :)

Oh and leave USB mass storage off but turn USB debugging on.

Last edited:

bigjoe22

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I had my Charge rooted and accidentally accepted an update. Now trying to re-root and getting stuck at vold: 0000 GOT start 0x000162e8 Got end: 0x00016328
Ive tried restarts and repeated attempts? any ideas?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I had my Charge rooted and accidentally accepted an update. Now trying to re-root and getting stuck at vold: 0000 GOT start 0x000162e8 Got end: 0x00016328
Ive tried restarts and repeated attempts? any ideas?

The latest update for the Charge (ED2) is not rootable using any known methods at this time. A way using a custom recovery kernel is currently being worked on but I have no ETA at this time.

threedug

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I followed all the instructions program just hangs forever for me, win 7 64.

Edit**

Works now for me, after 5th or so try after rebooting each time not sure why. Thanks for your work.

Last edited:

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
So I noticed several people are having issues with windows 7 and though this has been discussed before I figured it was worth another mention.
--
I believe the issues that people are having in win7 are related to the usb debugging drivers. The issue is that even though the drivers have been installed on the PC they aren't loaded unless the device is connected.

Basically that means everytime you connect your device it has to reload those drivers.

Since the LG drivers aren't properly signed for windows 7 they don't always load properly. Sometimes if you attempt over and over they will load as the above mentions.

The simplest work around that should work in all versions of win7 is to boot the computer with driver enforcement disabled.

To do that you will have to boot the computer and tap the F8 to get an advanced options menu, than select disable driver enforcement (or something along those lines) should be on the bottom.
---
If you are running Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate or Enterprise.

You can permanently disable the enforcement by use of the group policies editor (not included in home premium, starter, etc).

This can be done by opening gpedit.msc from the search programs and files bar and going to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Driver Installation - easiest fix is to set it to enabled and ignore.
--
I have been working on a registry fix for home premium boxes but unfortunately I havn't been able to come up with one yet. Despite finding the primary key in the registry for this issue changing the status to what should be disabled does not work, I can only assume it requires more than 1 change I just havn't found the other keys yet.

I'll keep at it though, in the meantime those users will need to continue to use the selective startup method described at the beginning.

Reactions: mikemcnary