Glitched contact?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I can't reply to one of my contacts, I have to open a new reply, type their name, and reply that way. All my other contacts are fine. I've tried deleting and readding the number, I've tried deleting all conversations and contacts, resyncing Google contacts, a factory reset... I don't know what else to do.

This will get confusing so from now on the contact I'm having the reply issue with will be referred to as Contact A, the other who might be somehow related to the issue is Contact B

When I deleted Contact As number and got her to text me, it came up with two numbers in the name, the first one was another contact, Contact B, who should have no relation to Contact A, the second was Contact As number. I have no idea how two numbers are on the same contact line, but they are.

Contact B was causing issues beforehand, her name was appearing in my contacts multiple times, enough that I had to scroll pretty hard to get past it. Naturally I deleted Contact B and readded, with no duplication issue following that.

I'm sorry if this is confusing, I've been holding off for ages because it is such a strange issue and hard to explain but I am sick of it at this point. Please if anyone can help I will be grateful.

Many thanks,
Contact C (lol)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Are you only using contacts from your Google account, or are you also syncing contacts from anywhere else (like a Samsung account), or using contacts saved to the local Phone account?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you delete/re-add Contacts A & B on the Google Contacts web interface or on the phone? Try doing it on the web interface, if you haven't already.

Edenuzki

Oct 30, 2018
Visit site
Wish I could edit posts. It does show the messages as contact a and b, however I can now reply to contact a without opening a new reply. I guess its a solution, if the problem can't be fixed entirely.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wish I could edit posts. It does show the messages as contact a and b, however I can now reply to contact a without opening a new reply. I guess its a solution, if the problem can't be fixed entirely.

Are you saying that this happens with the 3rd party texting app?