Going for a Note 9 yes/no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm still rocking my Note 4, and have yet to be moved. Nothing there yet making me to jump. Loving the look of everything, but not enough to make me say YEAH that's what I want.
You probably have more patience than anyone on here. I still have a Note 4 for work and hate it by comparison. Seeing that we need to buy our own phones now, I still don't want to pony up the $100 for the S8.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I live in a rural area so as much as I love my Note8, I will be upgrading to the 9 assuming it's 600mhz compatible
That a very good reason for T-mobile users. I can actually see a tower from my house. So, I can't use that reason. I have great service in my house.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
What would make me think about it would be flat screen 16:9 with a decent battery and storage. Looks as if the last of those is the only one that we'll get. My Note 4 was the ideal size. I bought a Note 7 but it was cancelled before delivery. The 8 is too narrow and curved which is anathema to a pen device, and too thin leading to a too-small battery.
Since the design is so compact, you would think they could stuff a 6.7" screen in the Notes now to differentiate them from the S+ line. You could probably find enough space with that size to write comfortably.

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
I'm upgrading from a two year old Nexus 6P. I've never had a Note, but after using a family member's Note 8, I'm sold. I'm waiting for the Note 9, though, because of the rumored 3850 mAh battery, better placed fingerprint senor and this new "Crown UI". Hopefully it's less bloated than Samsung Experience, but knowing them, I won't bet on it. The battery increase alone would be enough in this case, so if everything checks out with reviews, the Note 9 will be my next phone.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it. I am determined to keep this 8+ for 2 years or more. although the keytwo might make me change my mind.
That Key2 has my attention as well. I don't think I could give up my SPen though. Still may give it a try though.

The Note 8 is the best overall phone I've used since the Note 4. Even when I've used another phone, I keep the Note 8 with me. There are just so many day to day things that I hate doing on any other device.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Nah, I skipping the Note9, will wait for the Note10. :)

Very happy with my Note8, it's better than most Flagships this year, and will still be a great device going into next year, so I am happy with it.

h2ofun

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
The only thing that would have me change is if the Note 9 had square corners, and not rounded. Other than that, there is nothing on the rumor mill that make it worth the hassle to change.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I will jump from the 8 to the 9 if it has a flat screen, otherwise I'll probably just hold out for a while. The Note 8 has been a very good device for me.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Forgot...
I would really like an s-pen with a microphone for using speech to text discretely without holding the phone mic up close and see the text being typed

I would really like to win the lottery...as long as we're wishing...

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'll be keeping my N8. I've been so happy with it that I've not paid any attention to what is coming out, from Samsung or anyone else. The N8 does everything I want/need in a smart phone, is still very fast, and the battery life is excellent. I'm staying put.

JREwing

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Tmobile, and talk is that Band 71 is coming real soon on our local tower. If the Note9 has Band 71, wife and I are upgrading both of our Note8 devices.

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
As soon as they say embedded fingerprint scanner I'll be down to my carrier handing my note 8 over like an unwanted step-child.

Lol or I may just pay it off to keep it. Who knows.. but I'm definitely getting the note 9.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Keep trying to convince myself to try the Pixel3XL or some other device as my daily.
Knowing fine well I will be pre ordering the Note 9 come September. Nothing else is a Note.

( My unlocked Note 8 is still a beast and had zero issues, but gotta have the newest :) )

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Probably yes. Mostly because the band 71 support. I have really cruddy service inside my workplace and it would be interesting to see if Band 71 helps with it. If not, oh well I have a newer phone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.