Google Nexus 6 on Verizon

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is there a chance Verizon won't even have the Nexus 6 in 2014?

Right now, it's difficult to say if more than a handful of people will be able to get a Nexus 6 at all before the end of 2014. Sounds like the first batch won't ship until 11/21, and who knows what the ordering situation will be like between now and the end of the year.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Wouldn't surprise me TBH. My partner is waiting on this phone from Verizon and is resigned to the fact that it won't come till the end of the year at the earliest.

I'm personally betting on it showing up in December for those last minute Holiday specials.

Posted via the Android Central App

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6 pre-register pages live on all major carriers but Verizon?

Verizon just started selling the Moto X, Moto 360, Z3v, iPhone, iPad, Note 4, and the DROID Turbo. I don't think they're in a rush to sell the Nexus 6.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
That's the danger. They quickly lose interest in the Nexus (or at least it seemed that way when I had a VzW GN), . A two or even three year old Nexus running stock Google-oid is a better experience than 90% of their current flagships. That's bad for business and they know it.

cj2566

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

There will be no N6 from VZ this year.

Actually, the N6 will be on all major US carriers this year.
This was already confirmed at I/O.

Sent from my Glamor Red M8 using Tapatalk Pro

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Maybe the better question is:

Will the Turbo have Lollipop before the Nexus 6 is release???

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

That's the danger. They quickly lose interest in the Nexus (or at least it seemed that way when I had a VzW GN), . A two or even three year old Nexus running stock Google-oid is a better experience than 90% of their current flagships. That's bad for business and they know it.

There are people that are perfectly fine with Samsung or HTC or LG or Motorola.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Maybe the better question is:

Will the Turbo have Lollipop before the Nexus 6 is release???

Turbo is a great phone, and lollipop will only make it better. Would be interesting to see if the turbo gets it before the nexus is actually available on Verizon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site

That's not bad for business. What's bad for Verizon is people leaving their network as their profits are in people using cell phone plans and not selling phones. Look at it this way, there are a bunch of us on Verizon that still have the unlimited data plan. Verizon is making significant profits on us because we are still paying the phone subsidy even though we are technically out of contract. If we buy a phone at full price, it still doesn't change our plans as the subsidy is built in. Verizon would make even more profit if we all switched to their current plans, but us keeping the unlimited data does not affect their business in any way (outside of preventing even more profit).

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site

Actually, the N6 will be on all major US carriers this year.
This was already confirmed at I/O.

Sent from my Glamor Red M8 using Tapatalk Pro

That's great. And we can certainly trust them to come through with promises...like yesterday.

sonofevil77

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

Verizon is definitely getting it. They confirmed that last year when they passed on the 5.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

And you know this how?

I'd guess the turbo being a more manageable size and a Verizon exclusive would suppress some of the nexus 6 market! I've seen and already heard mid December rumors on the N6 on Verizon...

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site

I'd guess the turbo being a more manageable size and a Verizon exclusive would suppress some of the nexus 6 market! I've seen and already heard mid December rumors on the N6 on Verizon...

Which means next year.

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I've seen rumors as well and I don't think any of them have legitimate sources behind them. It seems to be mostly a bunch of panicked/upset folks who are worried Verizon will screw us...not anybody with real insider knowledge.

We should keep in mind that Verizon didn't announce the launch date of the new Moto X until September 25th...the day before it was available. Granted Verizon did at least acknowledge that they would be carrying the Moto X several weeks earlier (on Sept. 5th I believe), but I'm not surprised that Verizon has held off on acknowledging the Nexus 6 while they launch the Turbo.

I think that the N6 for Verizon will be available in November just like every other carrier. Motorola has confirmed that it will be available on Motorola.com in November as well, so either way Verizon subscribers will hopefully be able to get their hands on one.