Google Nexus 6 on Verizon

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Re: Verizon Nano Sim - Help! - Updated

you have to use the Verizon specific nano sim if you want softcard to work, that is how it encrypts the transaction ( or part of how) without it, no softcard. If that isn't a big deal to you.. then just cut your own.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
So let's say I have a phone with a micro sim and I already acquired a nano sim card. I would just need to do a simple port correct?

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a new sim not sure which wayI'm gonna do it. If I decide to return the n6 I'll need the micro again.
Keep the nano and get an adapter to fit a micro. I've been doing that since I picked up the X. It's easier to go up in size than going down like everyone is trying to do.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Nano Sim - Help! - Updated

you have to use the Verizon specific nano sim if you want softcard to work, that is how it encrypts the transaction ( or part of how) without it, no softcard. If that isn't a big deal to you.. then just cut your own.

Yes that's how it works for Softcard. Google Wallet should work without it though. It uses software for encryption, therefore no special SIM card is needed.

DOOG9517

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Re: NEXUS 6 on VZW

I did get an update. The phone said it was updating to 5.0. I don't know what was actually updated, though.

This morning I was driving in to work and decided to sell it on Swappa. After getting to work and playing for a few minutes, I've changed my mind. I'm hoping to get visual voicemail somehow.

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site

I did get an update. The phone said it was updating to 5.0. I don't know what was actually updated, though.

This morning I was driving in to work and decided to sell it on Swappa. After getting to work and playing for a few minutes, I've changed my mind. I'm hoping to get visual voicemail somehow.

Are you asking about Verizon's visual voicemail? If so, you'll have to wait until they actually offer the phone in stores before you get that service.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Care to elaborate on why you changed your mind?

reb0957

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

Here is what is sad, AT&T, TMobile, and Sprint have all made some announcement about this phone. The largest cell provider has not. Proving they only care about part of their customer base. This is an abomination. I am seriously considering moving back to AT&T with their branding on the phone or not. The only reason I left AT&T was because of their crappy overloaded towers.....Decisions decisions

PS I have made it a personal mission to hit Verizon's twitter account for answer. They finally answered me today with a see our news page link. Which the only recent phone news is of course the Droid Turbo. AT&T chimes in the tweet with we want you back ! Funny stuff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leeuchytil