Google Now "cards"

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
As I understand it, the "now" cards learn from your email. and stes you've visited to send you content.

Here's my question:
I never research video games (insert anything that you may be getting here), or get any emails about them, but they are in my feed daily. Anyone know of a way to eliminate content on these?

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
If you choose:
"Never show stories to read", which I would think would be how you "teach" Google what cards you'd like to see, it will never show any cards.
"done with this story" appears does not have the effect of stifling this genre either.

Want to elaborate of what did work for you?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes there will be a "Not interested in xxxxxx" option. Depends on the card.

Also, you can try the "Customize Google Now" option and then tap "Everything else."

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes there will be a "Not interested in xxxxxx" option. Depends on the card.

Also, you can try the "Customize Google Now" option and then tap "Everything else."

I was hoping there would be something a bit more intuitive....
I guess video games are my hot button for stuff that I really don't care for. I did have one last night, and it did give me the option of "Not Interested In "Battery"". Now, I actually might want to read about batteries, but not sure why that particular video game was flagged as "battery".

Since I never browse, nor get emails about video games, I would have thought it could learn, but it hasn't in teh last six months or more.

Thanks for trying; I guess I was expecting a bit more from google.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
So how do I get now cards about specific people? When I go to the customize section under settings and select people is says I am "not interested in."
I AM interested in some people so how do I list these people in the screen, or get the phone to start giving me cards about people?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So how do I get now cards about specific people? When I go to the customize section under settings and select people is says I am "not interested in."
I AM interested in some people so how do I list these people in the screen, or get the phone to start giving me cards about people?

I don't think you can - at least, not directly.

See https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2819496?hl=en especially the section titled "How Google Now decides which cards to show"

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so not directly. So anyone know how I can tell the phone I am interested in Person X so that their info will start being displayed. I've been doing web searches for Person X on my phone for two days and the settings still say I am not interested in any people.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You cannot, according to the above.

Do some web searches on that person - better yet, do some searches from the Google search bar. That should cause him/her to show up in your Now cards.

But, don't expect to see everything and anything regarding that person in your cards. Google Now just doesn't work that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts