Google Pixel XL - Preorder /order/shipping thread

DoWhatIDo

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, when I got my tracking the delivery date said 10/25. Then went it left ILL it changed to 10/24. This morning it said 10/25 again. Wish they would make up their mind. Gotta make arrangements to be home to get it.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Hm. So my FedEx tracking says my phone is "On vehicle for delivery", but my estimated delivery date is still Monday. I know they do deliver to home addresses on Saturday, but wouldn't my estimated delivery date change to today if it were coming today?

Delecron

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, I'm shocked it made it from IL to NY in 2 days. FML it's raining and I'm at the dentist with my wife, they are going to come 5 seconds before I get home I know it!

Kaenon11

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hm. So my FedEx tracking says my phone is "On vehicle for delivery", but my estimated delivery date is still Monday. I know they do deliver to home addresses on Saturday, but wouldn't my estimated delivery date change to today if it were coming today?

It's the whole debate between, did Google not pay $15 for Saturday delivery (which is why even though it's in truck, says: Deliver next business day) or they are trying to limit the amount of Saturday delivery work for the drivers.

I have two phones on truck for delivery today but list Deliver next business day..

I also have another package being delivered today, so I'm hoping my FedEx driver will just deliver all 3 and not 1.

Spazzbk

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Hey so I ordered mine Very Silver 128gb on Fi on 10/14. My status still says "preorder" but looking at my bank account information it shows Google charged my account and the charge is pending. I talked to a representative on chat a few days before this and he said, my status wouldn't update until it's shipped. My original arrival date was thanksgiving.

I'm hoping this means I get my phone sometime next week *fingers crossed*

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

It's a quirky thing FedEx does. Package will show as out for delivery. At the end of the day, the status will change to "Package not due for delivery" or something like that.

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Canceled my 10/14 silver 128gb XL order from the Google Store (est ship Nov 23 to 25) and ordered black yesterday afternoon. After seeing the Pixels in person at Verizon, found myself liking black far more. So my new order is from Oct 21, Google Store, XL black 128gb, with estimated ship date of Nov 23 to 25. Same estimated ship date as my silver Oct 14 order. I'm gonna lose my free daydream, but I'd rather have black. Wish I had seen them in person sooner to see which color I preferred in person. I wasn't setback in terms of delivery date, so I'm happy about that.

sag7392

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, I spoke with a telephone GS representative again this morning. I got the same song & dance about my 10/4 order of the Quite Black 128GB Pixel XL -- "Your order is processing. Everything looks good." However, she did tell me that I will not see a change in the online order detail until a Pixel becomes available; which is different from what I've heard from other reps. Also, I was told that worse case scenario, the Pixel I ordered would ship on -- wait for it -- NOVEMBER 18th! ARE YOU ------- KIDDING ME!

Frankly, I do not understand why for those of us who ordered the Pixel on Launch Day, are still sitting here without a Pixel -- while others who ordered days later are rocking a Pixel. I don't know...

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, I spoke with a telephone GS representative again this morning. I got the same song & dance about my 10/4 order of the Quite Black 128GB Pixel XL -- "Your order is processing. Everything looks good." However, she did tell me that I will not see a change in the online order detail until a Pixel becomes available; which is different from what I've heard from other reps. Also, I was told that worse case scenario, the Pixel I ordered would ship on -- wait for it -- NOVEMBER 18th! ARE YOU ------- KIDDING ME!

Frankly, I do not understand why for those of us who ordered the Pixel on Launch Day, are still sitting here without a Pixel -- while others who ordered days later are rocking a Pixel. I don't know...

That's pretty infuriating. I've contacted support twice now and they have told me I will be getting a pixel by the 24th (Monday). I said what if it doesn't arrive by Monday? They said it will and I don't have to worry.

Without a pending charge or any fedex label at this point (Morning of 10/22) I have serious doubts this order is arriving on the 24th. I think it's ridiculous that people who ordered this week are claiming they have already had a fedex label created and have received a charge. I'm not concerned about the 24th or 25th or what day I get it. I'm concerned that I have no proof google is processing my order other than a rep saying "It's coming don't worry".

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site

Just a suggestion - if there is a Verizon store near you, try to get one there.
I was able to grab a 32GB Blue Pixel this AM at a local store.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's the whole debate between, did Google not pay $15 for Saturday delivery (which is why even though it's in truck, says: Deliver next business day) or they are trying to limit the amount of Saturday delivery work for the drivers.

I have two phones on truck for delivery today but list Deliver next business day..

I also have another package being delivered today, so I'm hoping my FedEx driver will just deliver all 3 and not 1.

Well mine shipped thru FedEx home and the original tracking said delivers on Saturday 10/22 and currently it's on vehicle for delivery today. And I chose free shipping when I pre ordered.

Also FedEx home delivers on Saturday at no extra cost... Below is from FedEx website.

FedEx Home Delivery serves 100 percent of residential addresses even on Saturdays (at no additional charge) and evenings, and is supported by a money-back guarantee.*

Edit:
Speaking of which just got delivered.. woohoo

2fc7e75e6e0113fef000e8e48db8ad37.jpg

Last edited:

sag7392

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just a suggestion - if there is a Verizon store near you, try to get one there.
I was able to grab a 32GB Blue Pixel this AM at a local store.

I'm not on Verizon right now -- T-Mobile and I'm not looking to buy ANYTHING from Verizon. Moreover, I've read 128GB XL's are out of stock. I can't do a 32GB device.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm not on Verizon right now -- T-Mobile and I'm not looking to buy ANYTHING from Verizon. Moreover, I've read 128GB XL's are out of stock. I can't do a 32GB device.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Good stand.. Can't see myself buying anything from useless Verizon as well.

mawilson82

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Google store Very Silver 128 XL:
Someone on Reddit had there order ship with original November eta. Ordered 10/4 @ 2p est!!!!! Hopefully Monday we get more progress.

My order: Google store Very Silver 128 XL, 10/4 @ 7p est - status preordered.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky