Google wallet error

sracercelica

May 14, 2010
Visit site
So I activated Wallet cuz I read of the free 10 dollars. I went thru all the steps, but when I try to select "Google prepaid card" I get a message saying that feature is not available yet. Anyone else have this problem?

learntall

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I did have this problem when I tried activating it, I uninstalled the Wallet app and reinstalled it. Then signed up online for the service (which still gives you the 10$) and signed into the app after I had signed up. This fixed it for me, hope you have good luck...

Reactions: sracercelica

pezdukie

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just try restarting your phone. I got the same error and thought maybe the functionality wasn't set up yet. But then my phone ended up dieing and upon reboot I tried opening Google Wallet again and this time it had some agreement that I had to accept (didn't have that first time opening the App) and everything worked fine.

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Neither of these things fixed mine. Still says prepaid card not working at this time...

Sent from OG EVO LTE with Android Central Forums

azkevman

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I was having an issue activating the google pre-paid card as well...I called Google Wallet support and they had me do the following which resolved the problem.

1. Go into the manage app settings and clear data for the Wallet app
2. Under "wireless & network setting" tap more, then uncheck NFC, then recheck it.
3. Re-launch Wallet and go through the setup again
4. Tap the google pre- paid card to activate

These four steps reset the connection and fixed my issue...hopefully it works for you too...

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
After completing the four steps noted above my Wallet app stalled on "Initializing". I called Money Network (855-896-0693); they said their prepaid system is currently suspended and they didn't know how long it would be off. Guess we get to wait AGAIN for stuff related to this phone. [whinge-whinge] :)

akodoreign

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
After completing the four steps noted above my Wallet app stalled on "Initializing". I called Money Network (855-896-0693); they said their prepaid system is currently suspended and they didn't know how long it would be off. Guess we get to wait AGAIN for stuff related to this phone. [whinge-whinge] :)

well this stinks. I had my lunch money on google wallet. I loaded 50 when I got paid last. Bleh. :) not the phones fault.... wonder whats going on.

:confused:

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Confirmed.

I too loaded funds on the prepaid card and now its not accessible.

This either needs to work 99.99% or go away. Obviously NOT ready for prime time.

had high hopes for this too.:'(

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my phone. Google Wallet does not like that and considers this a security risk and now tells me it is running on an unsupported device. Probably my fault as at one time Super user popped up saying GW was asking for root access and I hit allow. Probably a mistake.

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I rooted my phone. Google Wallet does not like that and considers this a security risk and now tells me it is running on an unsupported device. Probably my fault as at one time Super user popped up saying GW was asking for root access and I hit allow. Probably a mistake.

So it is possible to root/flash, but still not give root accessfor GW and that makes GW happy ?

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Right now when I attempt to view my prepaid card, it says "Cannot contact bank".

It seems the service is down at the moment. Wait a few hours and try again.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So it is possible to root/flash, but still not give root accessfor GW and that makes GW happy ?

If SU asks you can just say deny. I cleared the cache and data and uninstalled the updates. I just reinstalled the updates and am re-running wallet. When SU asked, I said deny. So far it is just sitting at the initializing screen. I may have broke it. To be honest I am unsure I would use it anyway so...

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
If SU asks you can just say deny. I cleared the cache and data and uninstalled the updates. I just reinstalled the updates and am re-running wallet. When SU asked, I said deny. So far it is just sitting at the initializing screen. I may have broke it. To be honest I am unsure I would use it anyway so...

From XDA forum, they said there is a secure certificate on the chip and if GW wasn't cleared before even hard resetting it could make all "secure" transactions impossible --> PSA: Clear Google Wallet Settings Before Flashing ROM/Hard Resets! - xda-developers

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
From XDA forum, they said there is a secure certificate on the chip and if GW wasn't cleared before even hard resetting it could make all "secure" transactions impossible --> PSA: Clear Google Wallet Settings Before Flashing ROM/Hard Resets! - xda-developers

I only rooted it, nothing else. Oh well I guess mine is foobar then. I am honestly unsure I care. It does not take VISA cards and I hate having to transfer money to a pre paid anyway. Most places do not take it anyway so what am I really going to miss. I have a debit card, it works everywhere, why do I need wallet anyway?

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I did the exact same thing. Even though it says unsupported, it still works. Used it today to pay for some sodas at Chevron..

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow you would think google would get right on this with Money Network. Seems Google is wanting the Wallet and NCF stuff to take off.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kryptonite_613