Got my HTC Evo yesterday ask if you have any questions!

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
2 questions:

1. How is the browsing speed compared to the Pre
2. How would you rate the keyboard - great, ok, or a hassle?

1. Its faster then the pre for sure I would assume probably bc of the fast processor
2. Keyboard I great but I still prefer smartkeboard from the market ehich on this screen is the best in the market in my opinion

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
2. Keyboard I great but I still prefer smartkeboard from the market ehich on this screen is the best in the market in my opinion

The problem I see with using other keyboards is the fact the this phone doesn't have a trackball or D-pad. Does the smartkeyboard have arrow keys to move the cursor, like HTC keyboard does?

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
After having the pre I have grown so accustomed to that 24bit 16 million color screen, it was the most vibrant screen I have ever used and made the hero looked so washed out in contrast...

1. Does the evo have a vibrant screen like the pre? Washed out like the hero? Or somewhere in between?

2. How is the multitouch on the evo? Is it smoother and more natural feeling than the hero?

drewdigital7

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Im interested in knowing just as ercsliberty just stated, how is it one handed, seems like an awfully big landscape of a screen to handle one handed. I have a Pre currently and I am looking at getting the EVO and i will definitely miss being able to type without looking at my keyboard. i would always show off in front of ppl, LOL

ME TOOOO! i got a Palm Pre... but the best thing is the EVO has speech 2 text so now we can show off by talking our text messages out, instead of typing...

drewdigital7

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Quick Question: I have a Pre & i'm gonna get a Evo... but when u make a call or receive a call is the picture of the contact Big like the pre & does it stay on the screen while ur talking?

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The problem I see with using other keyboards is the fact the this phone doesn't have a trackball or D-pad. Does the smartkeyboard have arrow keys to move the cursor, like HTC keyboard does?

No it does not and that's one reason I like it but just personal preference the stock one is really good.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
After having the pre I have grown so accustomed to that 24bit 16 million color screen, it was the most vibrant screen I have ever used and made the hero looked so washed out in contrast...

1. Does the evo have a vibrant screen like the pre? Washed out like the hero? Or somewhere in between?

Ur in for a surprise on this one the evo screen is way better then both the pre and the hero so crisp snd clear u will love it

2. How is the multitouch on the evo? Is it smoother and more natural feeling than the hero?

Works way better then hero its pretty much perfect

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chariesdevil