Guidance and Assistance for Streaming

Hunts99

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
In looking at all that Google TV has to offer, I am very intrigued as to some of the capabilities of the hardware/software.

What I would like to do is to do the following:
- Stream Hulu (not Hulu Plus) to my TV
- Have a passthrough for HDMI for cable (in and out - TV is limited for HDMI ports)
- Overall enjoy the other apps that are available
- Possibly stream movies/music from external HD

I currently have a Wii, but am unable to view Hulu from the browser (Not the Hulu app - just the free stuff).

I know that the Revue is still available along with the Sony option (including the BlueRay player). Roku and Boxee are out of the running since they do not have a pass-through for cable (I have limited HDMI ports).

I am unfamiliar with Google TV (except for the Google website which is limited in details) so I am reaching out to the GTV community for any assistance and help.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Hulu doesnt work.
Don't know about passthri HDMI
External HDs work great
App selection is limited but many android apps can be installed from either USB or via email attachments.
I love mine for the price it blows just about everything but appletv out of the water and since I don't use ios stuff (mostly android) its a great fit for me. Sorry for the slslow response you can see that this forum isn't exactly hoppin

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

myalover

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
As stated, Hulu is a no go. Neither are most networks.

However, HDMI passthrough is how GTV is designed so that will work to your liking. I stream quite a bit of (local) content from my computer via Plex and it works pretty good (Not as good as Boxee).

The app selection is growing and we've started seeing apps designed specifically for GTV which is nice.

dcmasta

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Also I installed the dropbox app and just load the APKs from either there on my phone. Also you can push the apps right from the play store online.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lather7753