[GUIDE] Guide to Unlocking & Rooting the HTC Rezound

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok, WEll I am a total newb at this... ANy chance you can help walk me through it?

Sure... Remember this requires Windows 7/Vista/XP or Linux, it will not work in Win 8/8.1. Do you have adb installed and working? If not, you should start there

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have it installed and it seems to be running. I am not sure if there is something with the adk I should be building

You don't... All you really need is the platform-tools directory. Open a command window in that directory start the phone and start fastboot then type

fastboot devices

If it doesn't recognize your device, you probably have a driver problem.

echbearsfan

May 10, 2014
Visit site
You don't... All you really need is the platform-tools directory. Open a command window in that directory start the phone and start fastboot then type

fastboot devices

If it doesn't recognize your device, you probably have a driver problem.

I have no idea how to use the tools you are talking about

echbearsfan

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Which part didn't you understand? Command window (ie. CMD prompt) or the fastboot command?

I think I am doing the process wrong. I have a feeling there is a command window within the programs downloaded I need to use. Not just the regular windows command prompt.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I think I am doing the process wrong. I have a feeling there is a command window within the programs downloaded I need to use. Not just the regular windows command prompt.
No, regular CMD window, just have to be in the proper directory.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
shift Right click on directory (folder) and select Open Command Window here... Or with CD commands.