[GUIDE] Guide to Unlocking & Rooting the HTC Rezound

Pdtate

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
"Command Not Found" errors typically mean you're not in the right directory. if you type dir in a command prompt you should see the file(s) you're referencing.
You have two options.

Change directory to wherever your command files are:

Code:
cd \androidsdk\platform-tools
fastboot flash recovery <path to>\recovery.img

OR
Reference everything by path

Code:
c:\androidsdk\platform-tools\fastboot.exe flash recovery <path to>\recovery.img

In either case, change <path to>\recovery.img to where your amon ra img file is.

Pdtate

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Missing the easy stuff I think. C:android exists. Android SDK and fastboot in dir. As is recovery. Typed commands and still stating cannot find file specified

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Missing the easy stuff I think. C:android exists. Android SDK and fastboot in dir. As is recovery. Typed commands and still stating cannot find file specified

Code:
type dir *.img

You should see something like this:
Code:
c:\scripts\Android\Zips\Recovery>dir *.img
 Volume in drive C is OSDisk
 Volume Serial Number is E4A6-6D8A

Directory of c:\scripts\Android\Zips\Recovery

01/25/2012  12:36 PM         7,352,320 recovery-ra-vigor-3.10-gnm.img
               1 File(s)      7,352,320 bytes
               0 Dir(s)  225,181,888,512 bytes free

c:\scripts\Android\Zips\Recovery>

Then you should be able to do:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-ra-vigor-3.10.gnm.img

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok so your command would be

Code:
"C:\program files (x86)\android\android-SDK\platform-tools\fastboot.exe" flash recovery <path to>\recovery.img

Make sure to include the quotes. and change <path to>\recovery.img to wherever you stored your Amon Ra image file

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Amon ra is in multiple places. My android folder and Went to my user/download folder.c:users\thetaterpatch\downloads

OK then do this:

Code:
"C:\program files (x86)\android\android-SDK\platform-tools\fastboot.exe" flash recovery c:\users\thetaterpatch\downloads\<your amon ra.img>

Reactions: Pdtate

Pdtate

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Dunno how I am managing to mess this up. Unlocking was supposed to be the hard part. Still getting path not found. Is the Dr1vers one click reliable?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
No clue, I've never used a one click. All you're doing is mistyping the command. Since we know the first part should be right you can type :

"C:\program files (x86)\android\android-SDK\platform-tools\fastboot.exe" flash recovery

Then drag the recovery image file on to your command window. It will type the rest for you. All you have to do is hit enter.

Reactions: Pdtate

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
So, is there an option to switch between amon ra and stock recovery??
How?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I get to the cmd screen and it keeps saying that the path is not recognized.
I am assuming you mean one of the fastboot commands? Sounds like you are not in the correct directory...

It should look something like this:

Code:
C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot oem get_identifier_token

If you are getting an invalid path error, then you do not have the command structure correct for your directory structure