[Guide] How-to root Evo 4G gingerbread! via Revolutionary

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I think I have finally figured out why Revolutionary won't accept the the beta key it generates for my EVO. It seems my radio isn't on the list for EVOs. Mine is 2.15.00.080, which is one of the latest roms. Probably because Sprint had to repair my phone a few months ago. Don't know why I didn't notice this discrepancy before.

So what to do? Go back to one of the older gingerbread roms with a listed radio (a nuisance with some risk), or hope that Revolutionary will update their root software?

Any ideas?

Jaspers_Evo

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi all I'm new to the whole rooting thing. I've been recently having the rebooting issues that I've read a lot of ppl having since updated to gingerbread. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to do a full reset and revert back to pre gingerbread and then root? Or will rooting and flashing a Rom stablize my phone?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

jalaazul

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi all I'm new to the whole rooting thing. I've been recently having the rebooting issues that I've read a lot of ppl having since updated to gingerbread. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to do a full reset and revert back to pre gingerbread and then root? Or will rooting and flashing a Rom stablize my phone?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

Rooting and flashing a non-sense Rom stabilized my phone. CM7 is AWESOME!

Sent from my EVOlved

androidman 2011

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
i have a question i downloaded a custom rom CYANOGENMOD7 but i dont have the app market can someone plz point me in the right direction on how to get this app back thank you in advance

jskraperz

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
i have a question i downloaded a custom rom CYANOGENMOD7 but i dont have the app market can someone plz point me in the right direction on how to get this app back thank you in advance

Download the Google Apps zip on the Cyanogen web site. Install the zip like you did with the custom rom.

gregcpx

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi All!
I just want to first say thanks for all of the information. I have an EVO 4G and after the crap with the Carrier IQ stuff, I have decided to root my EVO. I have to admit, I'm VERY nervous since I don't want to brick my phone and I have never done this before! Are there any suggestions for me to "backup my phone in anyway" in case the process goes bad? (I don't mean text msgs or phonebook, etc ..I mean the actual phone itself so I can revert back)?

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi All!
I just want to first say thanks for all of the information. I have an EVO 4G and after the crap with the Carrier IQ stuff, I have decided to root my EVO. I have to admit, I'm VERY nervous since I don't want to brick my phone and I have never done this before! Are there any suggestions for me to "backup my phone in anyway" in case the process goes bad? (I don't mean text msgs or phonebook, etc ..I mean the actual phone itself so I can revert back)?

I just don't know how much more info you can need than all that is available in the forum including back up. You just have to be willing to read it.

gregcpx

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I just don't know how much more info you can need than all that is available in the forum including back up. You just have to be willing to read it.

I did read it, so please don't assume that I did not... I just was nervous and was looking for any last minute advice, tips, tricks, etc.

I was successful, thanks for asking though.

qm3scout

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
i'm stuck. how do i know it worked??? rebooted in a screen that said "revolutionary" said something about aborted then i rebooted back to what looks normal. ps. S is off

LimpyLegs

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
what is the S-off tool on step 4 and where do i find it please???

Ok nevermind this question....but I have a problem....right now I'm using pdanet app for my internet as it's the only option available,when i use revolutionary it tells me that I need to download clockwork mod(internet connection required) but the problem is I can't use revolutionary while I'm using pdanet it just keeps telling me "waiting for device..." so I can't download clockworkmod from revolutionary.Now I go to recovery and I get this picture of a cell phone with a green arrow and circle around it then after a few second I get the red ! and have to remove my battery to get my cellphone started again.....can anybody help me out with this?

outlaw07

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I'am having trouble when I put the beta key it says it's wrong I'am using window 7 I've tried several times and it still wont work I've unstalled htc sync and reboot the pc my evo hboot is 2.16/ radio 2.15/ kernel 2.6.35.10 / build 4.54.651 cl134969 reease keys soft ware 4.54.651.1 pri 2.15_ 003

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Gotta admit, I have to do a lot of reading but I am going to eventually root my fiancee's HTC Evo 4G because she is sick of her bloatware. I'm so nervous though because I've never rooted an Android and if I mess it up she's out of a phone lol.

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Had my evo for a year and a half before I finally got up the nerve....had a completely rooted pre prior which I did within the just couple of months. Have to say its been about 5 days since the root...no problems...so now just learning how to make the most of of it.....be a lot of so thus far :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick