Had The Infuse, Returned It For The SGS II, Back To The Infuse :)

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
For anyone feeling the Infuse is a misfit, wanna be, outdated or inferior, i is here to tell you it sooooo ISN'T - Trust me, i know, i have had all 3 varients of the SGS II, and each one specifically had its issues.... : )

I had originally gotten the Infuse about 6 weeks ago and even tho i loved it (having had the Vibrant 6 mos and the EVO 4G 6 mos- loved them both : ) i returned Infuse when news came out At&t's SGS II was right around the corner. I was like, the Infuse is really, really great, but with the specs of the impending release of SGS II i figured i'd return Infuse while in 14 day remorse and wait on it the "Superphone that was about to come out and rock everyones world"

Once i found out it was only going to have 4.3, i was disappointed, so i reactivated Sprint and got the Epic Touch. Nice phone but man did that have its issues. Since i was ineligible for upgrade, i had paid $529.00 + tax, and there was no way i was going to keep it at that price with the LOS Bug Patch nowhere in site, not to mention Sprints spotty and at times non-existant coverage. So i returned that phone, waited (longest 3 weeks in my life : ) got the AT&T version of SGS II and while i really liked it, i never did get used to the 4.3 inch screen. Some ppl say there is not much difference in the size of the 2 screens, even i thought i'd get used to it in a few days... Wrong....

So then since i HAD to have the 4.5, i go to T-Mobile, try that phone out. That phone is so crippled compared to its brothers, heck, even compared to the Infuse. It stutters, it chokes, its fonts are blurry, its a mess! So yesterday i am like ok, now what?

Then it hits me. So i say, (to myself, who at this point is the only person left talking to me since i have driven everyone around me insane with my phone search...lol) "you loved the Infuse, there wasn't a thing about it not to like, you had it rooted in 5 minutes, that is the phone for you!" And to my surprise Best Buy was having a weekend special on it, $49 bucks and i am out the door, home, rooted, lcd densitied to 195 with 15 min and i am IN LOVE all over again.

And. nice bonus, i had ordered 3 x battery and charger for 10 bucks on ebay which arrived a week after i had exchanged Infuse. So now i am loaded for bear & happier than i think i have ever been with a phone. Dang thing makes me smile just by turning it on : )

The 4.3 SGS II was nice, but when i look at my screen, i want to see the GIANT spider, not the medium sized one...lol

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7jbgAzhDVg[/YT]

BTC

Reactions: AndroidNoob61

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Had The Infuse, Returned It For The SGS II, Back To The Infus

Welcome back to the Infuse family again,and I know what you mean about the other devices that don't do so well compared to the Infuse plus like you said,the screen size and quality is just grrreattt!!!

Androidophile

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm not too familiar with the Infuse, but I stepped up to the SGS2 from the Atrix, and the 4.3 screen seems huge by comparison. I have handled the 4.5 phones and they're just a tad too big in terms of one-handing them and carrying them around. I think the 4.3 is perfect. But, that's why Android rocks - you can choose from a ton of different phones and find one that is right for you! Glad you're happy with your Infuse!

Thriller4G

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site

If you had gone with the Thrill you wouldn't have had to deal with returning any phones because you'd have the most powerful phone in the market today, check the Quadrant performance numbers compared to both the Infuse and the SGS2...;)

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

If you had gone with the Thrill you wouldn't have had to deal with returning any phones because you'd have the most powerful phone in the market today, check the Quadrant performance numbers compared to both the Infuse and the SGS2...;)

Played with The Thrill at the store... It never even made it to the cash register... For me that faux 3D effect drove my eyes nuts! Nice phone otherwise, tho : )

BTC

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site

Put Serendipity VII on it, it's unbelievably good.

I didnt think it could get better, but it can, by a mile. =D

-James

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Put Serendipity VII on it, it's unbelievably good.

I didnt think it could get better, but it can, by a mile. =D

-James

nope nope nope, no ROMS for this ex-flashaholic... 2 weeks sober....lol ....

i rooted but thats as far as i'm going this time...

For me personally, the price of the improvements gained just aren't worth the costs of some things not functioning properly... and every ROM i ever flashed wasn't without its "glitches".....and usually the 1st thing to go is the camera, and i use that most on my phone : )

BTC

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site

nope nope nope, no ROMS for this ex-flashaholic... 2 weeks sober....lol ....

i rooted but thats as far as i'm going this time...

For me personally, the price of the improvements gained just aren't worth the costs of some things not functioning properly... and every ROM i ever flashed wasn't without its "glitches".....and usually the 1st thing to go is the camera, and i use that most on my phone : )

BTC

Actually the only thing that doesn't work is the HDMI adapter, but I never use that anyway. As for the flash-a-holic syndrome, I kicked that years ago with WinMo roms. Now I just don't have the time nor desire for constant flashing.

It does allow you to enable the front webcam for google talk chat though on the other hand, so I think its an even trade for the HDMI adapter.

-James

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Actually the only thing that doesn't work is the HDMI adapter, but I never use that anyway. As for the flash-a-holic syndrome, I kicked that years ago with WinMo roms. Now I just don't have the time nor desire for constant flashing.

It does allow you to enable the front webcam for google talk chat though on the other hand, so I think its an even trade for the HDMI adapter.

-James

I did read some of the S7 thread but there was soooo many terms i didn't know or recognize.... Does that ROM do anything to reduce the browser checkerboarding? Does it have a BLN kernal? Sure would be nice to have my capacitive lites blink.... Is it overclocked, i'm getting pretty good battery life : ) Camera still working flawlessly? Is it a themed ROM or close to stock? Wouldn't wanna give up my pretty stock blue hi-lites : )

Thanx!

BTC

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site

I did read some of the S7 thread but there was soooo many terms i didn't know or recognize.... Does that ROM do anything to reduce the browser checkerboarding? Does it have a BLN kernal? Sure would be nice to have my capacitive lites blink.... Is it overclocked, i'm getting pretty good battery life : ) Camera still working flawlessly? Is it a themed ROM or close to stock? Wouldn't wanna give up my pretty stock blue hi-lites : )

Thanx!

BTC

The Kernel is made by Mikeymike just like the rom is. If it's OC, the battery life is definitely not reduced. I had about 50% left after a day's use. It is faster but I don't think its from OC. I've had zero issues with the camera, but i don't use for video(haven't tested), just stills. It is a very stock-themed rom, just basic 7 home screens and no ADW, LauncherPro or GoLauncher pre-installed.Its very vanilla(as roms go). Which is why i think it runs so well. I have experienced zero browser checkerboarding, although I use Dolphin, not the stock browser. Reminds me alot of my old Nexus one, except the infuse is a much sexier piece of hardware and its faster.

-James

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

The Kernel is made by Mikeymike just like the rom is. If it's OC, the battery life is definitely not reduced. I had about 50% left after a day's use. It is faster but I don't think its from OC. I've had zero issues with the camera, but i don't use for video(haven't tested), just stills. It is a very stock-themed rom, just basic 7 home screens and no ADW, LauncherPro or GoLauncher pre-installed.Its very vanilla(as roms go). Which is why i think it runs so well. I have experienced zero browser checkerboarding, although I use Dolphin, not the stock browser. Reminds me alot of my old Nexus one, except the infuse is a much sexier piece of hardware and its faster.

-James

k, going to check it out, u piqued my interest : ) Only one question tho, is there more than one version and if so, which version do YOU personally have installed?

thanx!

BTC

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site

k, going to check it out, u piqued my interest : ) Only one question tho, is there more than one version and if so, which version do YOU personally have installed?

thanx!

BTC

I used the kernel and files linked in this post here.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/infuse-rooting-roms-hacks/117147-serendipity-vii-install-stock.html

I know this is the latest and only version available on the site for the rom, which is here:
Serendipity Infuse - Home

Good Luck,

-James :D

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick