HAH I caught my droid X acting up on video !

gnarlygianni

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I caught my droid in the act.. It does this at least 8 to 9 times a day where the screen will just become unresponsive lag, what it also does which you don't see here is just shows a blank screen of whatever my walpaper is clears and reloads my widgets. It has done this since day one. I had ATK but deleted it the within the day. Another problem it has is it doesn't load all of my facebook friends which is annoying because when I go to link a contact to their facebook I'll never know if they'll be there. is this common ? I have over 2000 facebook friends is this why? Overall the phone just seems laggy and here is a quick vid of what it does. So all you android experts HELP ME OUT PLEASE i am begging for your wisdom.

YouTube - Droid X Screen Lag

UPDATE: Here you can see it clearing and rebooting kinda.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lavXjJ4G_ug

Again it does this all the time, you can even see it's only been 30 min since the last video and it did it again.

Last edited:

tdrus1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
The homescreen is crashing and reloading. remove your facebook contacts. Just use the facebook app. Be done with it.

gnarlygianni

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
But I don't want to un-sync my facebook contacts ... i shouldn't have to isnt this a normal function the phone should operate normal on? and the facebook app for the device is even worse?

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Mine did this for a while too. Sometimes it would do like yours...freeze for about 15 seconds then reload the page. Other times I'd exit an app and it would go to a black screen and not reload the home page. You could hold the home button to pull up the last 6 apps and use them, but that was it. I would then have to power it down and back up to reload it.

I recorded it with my wife's Droid 2, bluetoothed it over to my X, took it to Verizon and showed them. I could've gotten it replaced but I decided to play with it a little first (since I am attached to it and didn't want to have to set up a new phone). After removing some suspicious apps, it's healed (knock on wood).

I'd say look into the apps you have...one of them could be the culprit (I removed several from mine but I think my number one suspect was MySettings).

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Also, try installing LauncherPro (Plus if you can pop for the 2 or 3 dollars the paid version cost). It a much smoother/faster (no lag) UI.

Everything should work on your phone, but with all these apps we have available, sometimes conflicts arise. It means that you can't always have everything you want. It's not a problem with this phone, it exist on all smart phones.

SerfNuts

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
If you have a task killer it's probably the cause. It's killing the home screen and then it has to restart. I had the same problem. Turning off the auto kill or finding the moto tasks for the home screen and ignoring them should work.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Also, if you're loaded with memory hogging widgets, you're going to get some lag with the stock launcher. Seen it a bunch on other people's devices. All good here. Launcher Pro is a great alternative if you were looking for a replacement launcher.