Has anyone seen a Nexus 6 in a store?

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone seen a Nexus 6? No store near me has one, looked at AT&T, Best Buy, they don't know when they will be getting them. Given it's rediculous size there is no way that I would buy one without putting one in my hand to see if it's tolerable.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I was in an AT&T store the other day to get a SIM card and they had the N6.

It was tucked away in a corner and I had to ask the rep if they had any. He showed me where it was and I asked if they had any in stock.

His reply was 'Oh yeah' so I asked if they were selling many of them and he said they were not. Odd since Google Play is sold out but this store at least, had plenty of stock and were not selling many.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

It was tucked away in a corner and I had to ask the rep if they had any. He showed me where it was and I asked if they had any in stock.

His reply was 'Oh yeah' so I asked if they were selling many of them and he said they were not. Odd since Google Play is sold out but this store at least, had plenty of stock and were not selling many.

Sad to say, but i believe that AT&T pushes the iPhone over all other phones.:p

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Sad to say, but i believe that AT&T pushes the iPhone over all other phones.:p

Yeah no doubt. I was kind of surprised to see they had the N6 tucked away and hidden in a dark corner of the store. The Moto X was also in the same area.

At the front area of the store they had the iPhone, Note 4, S5 and even 2 windows phones displayed front and center.

This was at a corporate store by the way.. I figured the N6 would be front and center..

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah no doubt. I was kind of surprised to see they had the N6 tucked away and hidden in a dark corner of the store. The Moto X was also in the same area.

At the front area of the store they had the iPhone, Note 4, S5 and even 2 windows phones displayed front and center.

This was at a corporate store by the way.. I figured the N6 would be front and center..

I'm glad that my N5 is from Google. The N6 from a carrier would be full of their bloat, and if you rooted the phone to delete the bloat, you've voided their policy on rooting.:p

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I just want to see one, if I get one I'll buy it from Google Play (which is out of stock again). I wonder if there is something seriously wrong with the N6. They don't seem to be able to produce them. Google Play is almost always out of stock and they aren't in many stores (I haven't seen any wh8ich is why I posted this question). The other possibility is that the people at Motorola are pissed that they've been sold down the river to the Chinese so they are deliberately underproducing the N6. There is no shortage of the similar Moto X and Verizon Droid Turbo which lends credence to the theory that it's deliberate.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I just want to see one, if I get one I'll buy it from Google Play (which is out of stock again). I wonder if there is something seriously wrong with the N6. They don't seem to be able to produce them. Google Play is almost always out of stock and they aren't in many stores (I haven't seen any wh8ich is why I posted this question). The other possibility is that the people at Motorola are pissed that they've been sold down the river to the Chinese so they are deliberately underproducing the N6. There is no shortage of the similar Moto X and Verizon Droid Turbo which lends credence to the theory that it's deliberate.

IMHO, there is something seriously wrong with the N6....IT'S TOO FLIPPIN' BIG!!!!!!:p

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad that my N5 is from Google. The N6 from a carrier would be full of their bloat, and if you rooted the phone to delete the bloat, you've voided their policy on rooting.:p

Only the at&t version of the n6 has been found to have bloatware. Sprint and T-Mobile seem to keep the n6 relatively stock. No word on Verizon. And rooting doesn't really void your warranty...so long as you know what you're doing lol

Posted via the Android Central App

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

Is there a T-Mobile store near you? There were shortages for the Nexus 4 and 5 at launch, too. Google just doesn't do launches well, but neither does Apple. Phone fans/early adopters just have to have a bit of patience.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

Not surprising. Who would want the n6 with the at&t start up screen and sound. It is also branded with their logo on the back. There is no way if I was buying the n6 I would get it from at&t.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly