Have there been any trade-in rejections by Samsung?

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
@theobject - I've done the same deal for a GW4. They just received my trade-in and the email said 3-7 days before I know if accepted.
@rjack22 - I believe they charge the price less trade-in value. Then if they reject the trade will hit your card again for that value.

Hopefully you won't get a rejection email with the infamous pictures of black cloth.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yep, for the first time too. Says "You did not disable your personal security locks, including the Factory Reset Protection or Activation Lock." Which simply isn't true. I did factory reset it. Twice just to be sure before I sent it in. It was only $75 so I'm not going to fight them on this one. I can likely sell it on swappa or ebay.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I sent in 4 phones as trades for my Flip and I did this via the Samsung website. I think it took about 2 or a little more than 2 weeks from mailing date to get their decision by email, all 4 were accepted.

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
After my experience with a trade-in of a Gear 3 Classic for a GW4 I was concerned about my phone trade. When I go the watch returned to me with the failure reason of didn't factory reset the watch, I found out the tech didn't have any idea how the watch worked. I was sent some very blurry photos of the watch face with a message on it saying press button for apps and an arrow pointing at the button. I thought this was something added to the photo to show me this was proof that apps I had added were still there. As part of the return to me process, the app was factory reset by them.

When I got it I started the watch to make sure it was reset and get it ready to sell to try to get some of the money I was denied. Much to my surprise, the message that I thought was added to the photo is actually the initial run thru for a REST WATCH!:mad:
Since this "tech" didn't know what was going on I was fearful about the phone. However, I just got my email saying the phone trade-in was accepted.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582