Have You Gotten Jelly Bean 4.3? Thread

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Locked and unrooted, sideloaded the OTA. Was hoping for improvement on the touchscreen sensitivity as advertised and thankfully it is vastly better.

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if I just assumed my touch sensitivity was normal or what but I keep hearing people saying it got much better, could you explain what was bad about it before. I sideloaded the ota update last night and all I notice is the new camera app. I also heard about better battery life, how's that working out for you. I don't notice any difference.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if I just assumed my touch sensitivity was normal or what but I keep hearing people saying it got much better, could you explain what was bad about it before. I sideloaded the ota update last night and all I notice is the new camera app. I also heard about better battery life, how's that working out for you. I don't notice any difference.

I also use a Galaxy Nexus in addition to my Nexus 4. The Nexus 4 would ignore an annoying amount of input. It would require multiple touch attempts to achieve what my other Nexus devices (I have 4) can do the first time. My N4 seems to be the same as the other devices now.

I haven't had 4.3 on my Nexus 4 long enough to notice the battery life, but on the Nexus 7 it seems better so far.

NJ Joey

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
It seems that Phones Review thinks there was confusion regarding the announcement. While unfortunate, it does seem that we may have a little longer to wait for the OTA update. I have seen only a few posts indicating they had received the OTA update. Although, in all fairness, most of the people I know (non-techies) wouldn't have the slightest idea what version of the OS their phone was running or if it was updated or not. They can't tell the difference between an app update and an OS update.

Nexus 4, 7 Android 4.3 update confusion ? Phone Reviews

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
So other people haven't tried the clear Google Services Framework rain dance yet? :eek: I've only seen one post that mentioned it and that poster didn't try it.

Edited to add: I haven't gotten a notification in Maryland yet.

Brandorak

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
So other people haven't tried the clear Google Services Framework rain dance yet? :eek: I've only seen one post that mentioned it and that poster didn't try it.

I've tried that all day today and yesterday to no avail. It worked for the last update, but that's probably because the OTA was out. I managed to screw up my phone trying this, but it was fairly easy to google and fix. I'd advise against doing it until you hear a bunch of people getting the OTA.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej