Having major problems

Cirro

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Ive been using droidmod 1.0 since it came out. But my phone became sluggish so I decided to use the ROMmanager to try out cyanogen. Phone went into infinite loop, then I did the nandroid backup to no avail. Then I tried to do complete system restore to factory settings, and now none of my apps besides the integrated ones run. Everything else force closes constantly. What am I to do now? Is there a better way to return to factory settings cause I dont believe that worked since I still see superuser permissions and my boot load graphics is the droid mod one.

pspringer#AC

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
A few questions...

1. With ROM Manager, were you using clockwork orange or sprecovery? It is my understanding that you cannot restore nandroid backups in clockwork.

2. When you tried to go back to stock, did you wipe both data and cache? If not, you must so you ensure that the new ROM won't pick up and use anything left behind.

3. If you want to run Cyanogen, have you tried applying the ROM using sprecovery by just renaming the ROM to update.zip? A lot of people have had success in doing this. This could be another way for you to get back to a functional phone.

I run Cyanogen 5.0.5.3 and applied it using sprecovery. I actually ran into an issue the other day and got hung up in a boot loop, which was real annoying. I was able to re-apply the ROM in sprecovery but had to delete data and cache. Sometimes, you have to delete the data & cache in sprecovery a couple of times before it is truly clean. I ran into this issue along with 2 of my friends. I hope these suggestions help!

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If you run into boot loop issues wipe data and cache. ROM manager will install a lot of tons for you but if your going from s rooted 2.01 to a rooted 2.1 wiping data OS mandatory. If your still on koush's Rom get Rom manager and fix permissions

kayann2010

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
i am going on a trip to cancun mexico and i have the motorola devour and i need to be able to use my phone there. i want to know if i will have service and how to turn off the internet because it will cost me 5 dollars per megabite if it is running while i am there.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If they have a cdma carrier their that allows you to roam yes. Make sure VZW knows. And the option should be in settings to turn off data when roaming

kayann2010

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
So just turn off the data roaming and I won't be charged for internet usage while I'm in mexico? Besides the amount I pay now for internet.

pspringer#AC

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
If you run into boot loop issues wipe data and cache. ROM manager will install a lot of tons for you but if your going from s rooted 2.01 to a rooted 2.1 wiping data OS mandatory. If your still on koush's Rom get Rom manager and fix permissions

My problem was different. I ran the ROM for 4 days with no problems. From out of nowhere, my phone rebooted and then got stuck in the loop. I have since wiped data & cache and reloaded the 5.0.5.3 ROM and haven't had the problem since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds