HDMI cable

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
My HDMI (MHL) adapter arrived yesterday from ordering through Samsung's website. The package says the adapter is for the Galaxy S3, but it also works for the Note 2. After playing around with it for a few minutes, I was able to figure it out. Apparently, the adapter only works if a USB power cord is also plugged into the adapter, along with your own HDMI cable.

I find this whole setup to be a bit cumbersome. In other words, you really need 3 items to make this work. 1) The Samsung 11 pin MHL adapter, 2) your own HDMI cable, 3) your own USB charging cable. I found out the hard way that if you don't plug in your own charging cable to the adapter, nothing works. I wish there was a way to bypass needing a charging cord plugged in.

I miss my Motorola Razr Maxx whereby I simply plug in a mini HDMI cord from the phone to the television. Nothing else, just one simple cord for the Razr Maxx, way easier!

Okay, that's my rant for the day! Maybe others have better ideas on this.

Casey

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It's annoying I agree. Last time I had an HDMI-out capable device was my Droid X and it too was the same as the RAZR in that all you need is a mini-HDMI cable and bingo you're all set.

Well I'm still happy with this device and I will be getting my SmartDock as soon as it comes back in stock, so that will make it a bit more reasonable to have plugged in. I'm going to be hooking up my PS3 controller to it and maybe even a keyboard and mouse lol turn my phone into a portable PC. Badass.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
That Samsung docking station looks pretty slick! Hmmmmmm, should I, or should I not?? I have soooooooo many accessories for all my previous phones sitting in a closet collecting dust. Nowadays I wonder with each accessory I buy if that too will soon collect dust in my accessory graveyard closet.

Casey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts