HELP! Fascinate Quagmire

tenaciousg86

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I have been all over every droid forum trying to find an answer or a solution and have, so far, been unsuccessful in finding one. When I got the phone, I installed the CWM recovery and the Voodoo lagfix. Here is what happened:

Yesterday (2/25), my phone wouldn't connect to my PC. After I rebooted the phone, it would hang during while the Media Scanner was going. So, I decided to flash the phone. I didn't have the stock ROM, but I did have a copy of the DL30 leak so I booted into CWM recovery and installed the DL30.zip file. As soon as it finished and restarted, I was getting all sorts of force closes. Reading into the problem a little, I realized that I should have disabled Voodoo before flashing. So, I tried flashing back to DL09 and I started getting this message at startup:

-- Wiping data...
Formatting FOTA...
FOTA wipe failed.
Formatting Data...
Data wipe failed.
Formatting CACHE...
Cached wipe failed.
Formatting DB_Data...
Dbdata wipe failed.
wipe_data failed.

So, I started looking on xda-forums. I found a thread about recovering from this using something called "Eugene's does not brick" ROM and some "T959UVJFD True Stock Firmware" file. But, stupid me, I didn't realize these were for a Samsung Vibrant, not a Fascinate. I flashed the ROM and firmware (with re-partition) successfully with ODIN, but then I started getting a different boot screen for an IT-9000. So, after much more searching and downloading I found Adrenalyne's DI01 package. I also found a flash program called Heimdall, and with the DI01 package, was able to get back to the Fascinate ROM stuff (the boot screen stopped showing the IT-9000 info). However, the phone still shows the wipe data failures, but with some extra text:

--Movi_Check Start..!!
checksum confirmation need_checksum[0]
Not need checksum confirmation
-- Movi_check already executed..!!
-- movi_checking done..!!

So now I am trying to follow the instructions that I should have followed yesterday. However, when I try to flash the DI01 package via ODIN, I get the following error:

<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> boot.bin
<ID:0/004> cache.rfs
<ID:0/004> dbdata.rfs
<ID:0/004> factoryfs.rfs
<ID:0/004> modem.bin
<ID:0/004> movinand.bin
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I have the DJ09 and DJ05 ROMs, but when I try the ODIN flash I get the following error:

<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> cache.rfs
<ID:0/004> dbdata.rfs
<ID:0/004> factoryfs.rfs
<ID:0/004> modem.bin
<ID:0/004> recovery.bin
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

My only theory is that the phone isn't booting into the correct recovery because I flashed the Vibrant software w/ repartition. So I tried flashing the CWM recovery via ODIN, but get the same failure at the recovery.bin part. I read somewhere that I need to restore the MBR (because of the Voodoo lagfix), but I can't because I can't get into the CWM recovery to restore it. So now I am stuck and can't figure anything else to do. Please please please help.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlgulliver