Help with Launcher Icons?

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Can i change the Main 4 Icons at the bottom the phone?? WIthout using an APP?? I have Launcher Pro, but the damn thing only has 3 homescreens???? Also i made my Droid Launcher the "default" how do i switch the Launcher Pro App back on?? It does not pop back up anymore since i set the default to original software?? Im a Sprint convert from an HTC EVO 3D....god i miss my phone :( Just hated the crappy 3g service..it has taken a dive in the last 4 months...I miss my HTC .....oh well....Any help would be appreacited for a noobie

Thanks!

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
An easy way to get launcher pro back as your default would be to uninstall then install it again.....yes you can change the icons on LP. And LP has up to 7 home screens.....not 3.....3 would be the default number of screens

cmgeek

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I with the OP. I like the stock launcher, but it kills me that I have to keep their messaging app in the dock. Any idea how to change it? I'm currently using launcher pro and like it, but want to use the stock launcher sometimes.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Can i change the Main 4 Icons at the bottom the phone?? WIthout using an APP?? I have Launcher Pro, but the damn thing only has 3 homescreens???? Also i made my Droid Launcher the "default" how do i switch the Launcher Pro App back on?? It does not pop back up anymore since i set the default to original software?? Im a Sprint convert from an HTC EVO 3D....god i miss my phone :( Just hated the crappy 3g service..it has taken a dive in the last 4 months...I miss my HTC .....oh well....Any help would be appreacited for a noobie

Thanks!

An easy way to get launcher pro back as your default would be to uninstall then install it again.....yes you can change the icons on LP. And LP has up to 7 home screens.....not 3.....3 would be the default number of screens

Forget about uninstalling and reinstalling. Go menu=>settings=>applications=>manage applications=>all=>scroll to launcher, click on it, then scroll down a little and click on clear defaults. Then simply hit the home button and you should get a pop up asking you which launcher you want to use.

soondolee

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I with the OP. I like the stock launcher, but it kills me that I have to keep their messaging app in the dock. Any idea how to change it? I'm currently using launcher pro and like it, but want to use the stock launcher sometimes.

you can change bottom 3 icons, yes u cant change the home button.

but you can change phone, message, and contact or whatever...

just click the home button -> drag the icon that you want to place to the one of the three icon..

that is it..

cmgeek

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok, figured out how to change the bottom icons. Go into your app drawer > click the menu button > then long press and drag the icon down to the bottom. That was not intuitive at all.

Jim101

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
From what I have read here with the factory launcher I can get rid of the factory messaging button at the bottom and replace it with Handcent, is that right? i am new to all this, and appreciate any help....
Great site and thanks for the help..

Jim
Charge owner

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Or from main screen hit apps then menu button, then edit. At that point you can change the middle two static icons and also move around the icons in the apps.. Simple.

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Not to hijack the thread, but I'm curious what people think is the faster launcher. I've used stock, LauncherPro and Go Launcher and in my experience Go Launcher works the fastest. And I even paid for LauncherPro.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Not to hijack the thread, but I'm curious what people think is the faster launcher. I've used stock, LauncherPro and Go Launcher and in my experience Go Launcher works the fastest. And I even paid for LauncherPro.

Since I switched to Go Launcher I haven't looked back. First went from stock launcher to Launcher Pro, but that hasn't been updated in so long. Then switched to ADW EX which worked great. I just preferred Go to ADW once I tried it.

stellar313

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Go Launcher too. I always used Launcher Pro on my rooted Eris, but am finding Go Launcher helps the most with redraw on the Charge.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts