Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I've had my S7 Pro for 12 days, and mostly really like it but a few things I'd appreciate some comments on:

1. Gps seems to take an exceedingly long time to lock on to sats... Sometimes as many as 10 minutes, where my Galaxy Nexus takes under a minute (both right in front of me) the S7 does seem to lock onto more sats when gps location is finally set. Anyone notice S7 taking quite a while to lock?

2. Downloaded some compass apps when I noticed google maps compass appeared off on S7. Definitely off from Galaxy Nexus, and where I generally believe North to be. However both the S7 and GNex google navigation got me to destinations in unison...

3. Built-in microphone does a pretty poor job of picking up my voice. Recorded some videos and I sound pretty muffled. Anyone else notice this?

4. The SD card cover flops out pretty often.

5. Sometimes camera image goes black, and I have to exit camera app to resolve.

I'm considering exchanging for another, but the back doesn't creak and don't want to bother if everyone else's gps takes many minutes to lock, and if everyone else's microphone makes them sound muffled.

Thanks for any feedback.

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
An interesting phenomenon occurred to me yesterday at a large Wally World in Dallas. I was looking around in their Electronics Department and was actually approached by two different salespeople at different times asking if they could help me; and no I don't think I fit the profile of a shoplifter. Now they didn't know much, but at least it was an attempt to help. Funny thing is I asked where they keep their tablets, and this particular store had a large display shelf, probably 12 ft. In length. There was one generic tablet on it, and the locked case below had virtually nothing in it, just little price tags for various tablets that weren't there.

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

d0m0

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Those who are using the iblason case, does it have an opening for the proximity sensor beside the front camera? I just noticed the pictures don't show it.

If not then how are you guys using the auto brightness function?

There is another case out that does have it :

http://www.amazon.com/i-UniK-Hisens...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2868348

I might return the iblason and get this instead because of the opening for the proximity sensor.

Sent from my rooted Hisense Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk HD.

redneckerson

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Those who are using the iblason case, does it have an opening for the proximity sensor beside the front camera?.
Nope the iblason case I have doesn't have the extra hole like the brand in it link, and whats weird is I bought one of the iblason screen protectors and it has an extra hole, heck I figgered it was a generic with the extra hole to fit another brand:(

vickyg2003

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Oh boo' why did you have to tell me that. I never Skype and I never would have noticed. Now I do. When you use the front facing in the case its dark. I was so thrilled with this case. It stopped me from pressing that screen capture button, now I know that the high priced cover has issues.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had my S7 Pro for 12 days, and mostly really like it but a few things I'd appreciate some comments on:

1. Gps seems to take an exceedingly long time to lock on to sats... Sometimes as many as 10 minutes, where my Galaxy Nexus takes under a minute (both right in front of me) the S7 does seem to lock onto more sats when gps location is finally set. Anyone notice S7 taking quite a while to lock?

2. Downloaded some compass apps when I noticed google maps compass appeared off on S7. Definitely off from Galaxy Nexus, and where I generally believe North to be. However both the S7 and GNex google navigation got me to destinations in unison...

3. Built-in microphone does a pretty poor job of picking up my voice. Recorded some videos and I sound pretty muffled. Anyone else notice this?

4. The SD card cover flops out pretty often.

5. Sometimes camera image goes black, and I have to exit camera app to resolve.

I'm considering exchanging for another, but the back doesn't creak and don't want to bother if everyone else's gps takes many minutes to lock, and if everyone else's microphone makes them sound muffled.

Thanks for any feedback.

1) my gps from a cold start (I keep the gps turned off) inside the house takes less than a minute

3) microphone on mine when recording is also, low/muffled
I haven't tried a video call yet (Tango)

4) sd cover tight

5) haven't noticed camera screen going black, but I don't take many photos

redneckerson

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Oh boo' why did you have to tell me that. I never Skype and I never would have noticed. Now I do. When you use the front facing in the case its dark. I was so thrilled with this case. It stopped me from pressing that screen capture button, now I know that the high priced cover has issues.
I figger one of those things that's used to punch a single hole in paper will fix it right up, I guess its called a hole puncher and if its not strong enough ur local shoe fixer should fix it in a jiffy;)

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My iblason case has a hole on the right top corner for the front camera and a hole in Top back for both the rear camera and it's flash. Nothing is covered that shouldn't be.

vickyg2003

May 27, 2013
Visit site
My iblason case has a hole on the right top corner for the front camera and a hole in Top back for both the rear camera and it's flash. Nothing is covered that shouldn't be.

Remove your tablet from the case, clean off the fingerprints, and examine it under a strong light. There is a gray dot, down and to the right of the front camera. The i-unik case has a hole there' the iblason does not.
I figger one of those things that's used to punch a single hole in paper will fix it right up, I guess its called a hole puncher and if its not strong enough ur local shoe fixer should fix it in a jiffy;)
I was thinking wood drill, but you wouldn't get the nice rubbery finish like you get on all the other edges. l'm bummed.

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I see what you're saying about the proximity sensor being covered on the iblason case. Does this prevent the camera from working?

redneckerson

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
A shoe repair shop should have a leather punch for several sizes of holes or maybe a tack shop would have something similar. I never use face time, skype, or tango so its no worry for me, but if it became a need I'll fix this case cause I like it:)

vickyg2003

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I see what you're saying about the proximity sensor being covered on the iblason case. Does this prevent the camera from working?
It seems to darken the image. With the case on, I'm seeing a really dark image. With the case off, its like looking in the mirror. But both ways I seem to be in focus.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Remove your tablet from the case, clean off the fingerprints, and examine it under a strong light. There is a gray dot, down and to the right of the front camera. The i-unik case has a hole there' the iblason does not.
I was thinking wood drill, but you wouldn't get the nice rubbery finish like you get on all the other edges. l'm bummed.

I use a soldering iron at work for repairing electronics and occasionally a pointed round tip iron comes in very handy for making holes in plastics and in this instance, leather. No guarantees but it may be worth a shot.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
What screen protector is everyone using? I applied a Zagg shield for Kindle, but since it was my first time using the applicator solution, I messed up and have lots of smudges. LOL. Anyone tried this:

http://www.amazon.com/iLLumiShield-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2870938

>Update-10:30pm 6/20/13<
5+ hours of use and still no fingerprints.
That alone make it worth the price.

I received my Illumishield protectors.
Quick install 5 min or less.
No bubbles, and so far no fingerprints.
They have a great feel as you move your finger around.
No loss of sensitivity using the touch screen.
Have two cut outs for camera and light sensor, and they lineup correctly.

Definitely recommend.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

d0m0

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the review.

I received the i-BLASON case yesterday, and despite the minor fault of not having the opening for the ambient light sensor, I'm gonna keep it.

The illumishield should arrive today. Hopefully I won't mess up the installation this time.. lol

atlantaacman

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered the case from I unik, I Dont like the single angle that the I blason case has. I also ordered the illumishield screen protectors that resist oil. I'm tired of cleaning the finger prints of of the screen every hour. So I guess I will sell the I blason case for a small discount. I also have a nexus 7 case for sale. If any one is interested, send me a message.

redneckerson

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
FYI for those who ordered the iblason case that doesn't have the hole for the light sensor. Iblason has corrected this issue and is making good on those faulty. This info came from my seller Amazon

d0m0

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean they will send those who have already received it one with the opening?
or
From now on for new orders they will ship one with the opening?